• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good work, NRA

The murder rate in the US is far higher than any other first world country. You don't think that is a problem? Know what the common denominator is? Gun control.

a lot of it is just our culture. Guns make the violence "easier" to commit. But as a people, americans are (generally speaking) violent compared to the rest of the west.

The murder rate in the US is far higher than any other first world country.  You don't think that is a problem?  Know what the common denominator is?  Gun control.

That wasn't what I was referencing.  You make blanket statements about a regional group of people.  Statements that, if made about other regional or cultural groups, you would call hate speech.

You want culture to head one direction, they want culture to go in another one.  

That wasn't what I was referencing.  You make blanket statements about a regional group of people.  Statements that, if made about other regional or cultural groups, you would call hate speech.

56389ffa23b67.png

My tolerance wanes when their beliefs lead to thousands of Americans being murdered every month.

the number of innocent people being killed by alcohol != to guns.

The other is philosophical.

depends on what you mean by innocent people.  How many deaths by gun are gang related?  How many suicides.

and the other is only philosophical in your opinion.  It is very real to me.  Which is really the point. 

Excellent point.  I guess that means that bombs should also be legal, after all they are also used for demolition, not just killing people.

It is curious though, since bombs are very destructive and more deadly than guns that more Americans don't get killed by bombs.  Maybe it is because explosives are illegal and severely regulated?  I don't know.

mtangelsfan, I appreciate your concern for alcohol abuse and abortions, but I think you have to look at these things separately. It doesn't mean ignore alcohol and abortion, but that they are separate from gun control.

Here's a question: What's wrong with strong regulations on guns, or "common sense laws"? Whom does that hurt?

mtangelsfan, I appreciate your concern for alcohol abuse and abortions, but I think you have to look at these things separately. It doesn't mean ignore alcohol and abortion, but that they are separate from gun control.

Here's a question: What's wrong with strong regulations on guns, or "common sense laws"? Whom does that hurt?

Who said I wasn't?