• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gordon refuses QO, do we still go after him?

19HALO71

There are so many good outfielders available this offseason.  From MLBTraderumors, they have 4 of the top 10 ranked free agents being OF'ers.  They only honorably mention Zobrist, and do not even mention Fowler.  

People want different OF'ers and have reasons for each.  I lean towards a Fowler or Cespedes more than the others.  But no matter who we "want", I think it will be a very disappointing offseason if the Angels do not get one of the top outfielders.  

To me Gordon has always been like option C or D at best for us.  Someone is getting paid, and a draft pick is probably going to be surrendered.  Personally i'd prefer it be someone else but if Gordon is what we can get i'll take it.  He'll fill a significant hole.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I like Gordon more than Heyward. He is a doubles machine. And plays great defense. He would fill our LF hole cheaper than Heyward.  But i don't like the idea of giving up that pick for any player this year.This team is already hampered by bad contracts, and needs to get younger. And the team needs to start looking more to the future. Giving players huge contracts and giving up picks doesn't help the team in the long run.

I like Gordon more than Heyward. He is a doubles machine. And plays great defense. He would fill our LF hole cheaper than Heyward.  But i don't like the idea of giving up that pick for any player this year.This team is already hampered by bad contracts, and needs to get younger. And the team needs to start looking more to the future. Giving players huge contracts and giving up picks doesn't help the team in the long run.

Yeah and Pujols is THE machine...oh wait I thought we were reminiscing for a second there.  Gordon hasn't been any more productive in terms of doubles than Heyward.  The difference is Gordon is trending down and Heyward is trending up because, you know, he's only 26.  You want to look towards the future, but you are living in the past.  Heyward will be a much better OFer than Gordon going forward.  He is passing his physical prime and he won't be the same GG defender he's been during his career.  Heyward's best is yet to come.  He has more potential and steals about 20 bases a year.  The fact you think Gordon won't get a pretty fat contract himself is laughable.  So yeah lets give another guy past his prime a fat contract and ignore the best player on the market.  Heyward is the best position player available and based on facts of human development and years of players having their best years from about 27-32 it is extremely likely that his best years are in front of him and not behind him.  

Edit:  meant to say Gordon hasn't produced more doubles than Heyward the last 3 years.  Gordon for 2 years was a doubles machine.  Key word being 'was'.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

getting younger probably means winning fewer games, at least in the short term.