• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers to interview Darin Erstad for manager

One world series with Erstad. Zero before or after him.

Look at all the overpaid garbage we have thrown out in LF these past 8-9 years. How can anyone not appreciate a player who runs through a wall because he knows his defense is his best asset. I believe Erstad have one of the best defensive WAR seasons ever?

Whats really amazing is the people who downplay Erstad's impact also refer to Garrett Anderson as overrated and lazy. I think we have a bunch of overweight and lazy posters on this board.

No World Series before Aaron Sele...one World Series after we signed Aaron Sele

Coincide? I think not

I'm not even saying Erstad should be manager. I'm shocked people who have been life long fans down play his impact on the organization. Awfully bitter about watching a slap hitting first baseman towards the end of his career.

I'm not shocked but I am a bit surprised at how people exaggerate his impact.

And what does whatever 1b you're talking about have to do with this?

How can someone be not a good enough hitter to play 1b and still be an above-average 1b overall?  Is 1b defense that important, and was his defense so good there that it made up for his declining offense?

Also, Erstad has absolutely nothing to do with Hamilton.  Not only that, but Hamilton is gone.  It's irrelevant to the discussion in every possible way.

I agree erstad had a medicore bat, but i think he was a very solid player overall. No idea how hed do as a manager. None at all. But i do know he was absolutely respected by his teammates and the rest of the league. He was a fan favorite of a lot of players..players who were far better than him...to me that says hed be a good club leader.

That still doesnt mean hed be a good coach. Id fall for it and get excited