• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers to interview Darin Erstad for manager

At least we know he's interested in coming back to mlb.  

Regardless of the fact that it would make me throw up into my nasal cavity if I saw him in dodger blue, it just doesn't seem like the right fit.  But who knows.  The dodger's plan isn't something that seems obvious and i don't care enough to try and figure it out.  

Anyone here actually think Erstad, outside of showing emotion, would be any different than the manager he played most of his career with and the one he speaks very fondly of?

I have never understood the perception that because Erstad was a gritty, hard-nosed player, he will automatically be great at motivating players. The players are professionals who make millions of dollars doing what they do. If they need someone to scream at them in order to perform, or if screaming motivates them, they are in the wrong profession.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I have never understood the perception that because Erstad was a gritty, hard-nosed player, he will automatically be great at motivating players. The players are professionals who make millions of dollars doing what they do. If they need someone to scream at them in order to perform, or if screaming motivates them, they are in the wrong profession.

So basically the exact same premise as the guys on here who think Mike's lackadaisical approach in interviews affects the performance of the team.

Anyone here actually think Erstad, outside of showing emotion, would be any different than the manager he played most of his career with and the one he speaks very fondly of?

Not only that but how does "showing emotion" accomplish anything exactly? 

He was under pretty much one manager his entire career.  How is he going to gameplan differently than Scioscia?  

I get that people are concerned in a very superficial sense that Erstad would go from wearing a red hat to wearing a blue one but does anyone even know if he's actually a good manager?  Do people actually know what they are getting upset over right now?  

The hope is Erstad would put an end to the baserunning Scioscia mentality that has cost this team many games and playoff runs over the years. Erstad was always a smart player even with all his grit. Regardless, our manager already costs us a lot of games with his decision making alone, so I dont think Erstad could possibly be worse.