• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I had no idea where ALCS Game 3 was on last night

yk9001

On some packages, especially for bars and restaurants...TBS is not where regular TBS would be..

It on ch 5734 or other such nonsense. FS1 changers across platforms on the same providers...It's a freakin nightmare finding these damn channels. 

I hate Fox anyhow...can't wait until their contracts are up, and I don't even remember when that happens.

I'm so confused.

If you are really into it, it isn't hard at all.  Hell, I could have gotten up, gone across the house, and found it in the morning paper.  I didn't do that either.  NFL was on.  Good enough for me.

When they describe the horrid national ratings for the postseason, the fact that normal functioning humans have to go searching for the games, has to play a small part.

That is pretty much the point right there. If you want to find an NFL game you have the basic choices and they don't shift them back in forth so not to interrupt The Big Bang Theory reruns. MLB is ****ing up their own franchise by not making it clearly two stations and only two to lock down all the games, one for the NL and one for the AL. 

But between college football and the NFL the MLB playoffs (even regular season games) get bumped because they haven't exclusive scheduling rights when the more popular sport is gobbling up all of the sports channels.

And that is the real problem, Selig spent too much time ****ing around with the All Star Game and adding the silliest playoff concocted with the play-in game that he forgot that his promotion and stability of the franchise health was more important and they lost TV interest to the NFL that is on the radio 24/7/365 these days while baseball sports talk gets wedged in for 15 minutes of the hour every season.

Now, not only do you have to actually work for it to see a game, more people are apt to be switching to football anyway. Good job Bud, you left a legacy for sure.

LOL

I have Verizon Fios.  I check 552 TBS 1st, 586 MLB 2nd, 511 Fox 3rd.  If I don't see it there, I start at 570 ESPN work my way up, get stuck on college football replay from like 5 years ago.  Ask myself why I'm watching Penn St - Michigan from 2010.  Make it to 583 watch the ALCS live; it goes to commercial.  Go up to 600 CNN and get stuck on some Trump/Carson/Hillary thing and forget all about sports and never make it back.

That is pretty much the point right there. If you want to find an NFL game you have the basic choices and they don't shift them back in forth so not to interrupt The Big Bang Theory reruns. MLB is ****ing up their own franchise by not making it clearly two stations and only two to lock down all the games, one for the NL and one for the AL. 

But between college football and the NFL the MLB playoffs (even regular season games) get bumped because they haven't exclusive scheduling rights when the more popular sport is gobbling up all of the sports channels.

And that is the real problem, Selig spent too much time ****ing around with the All Star Game and adding the silliest playoff concocted with the play-in game that he forgot that his promotion and stability of the franchise health was more important and they lost TV interest to the NFL that is on the radio 24/7/365 these days while baseball sports talk gets wedged in for 15 minutes of the hour every season.

Now, not only do you have to actually work for it to see a game, more people are apt to be switching to football anyway. Good job Bud, you left a legacy for sure.

At a minimum, have a f*cking sign everywhere:

ALCS 2015

Games 1 and 2 on Fox

All others of FS 1

That includes the previous series.  On the whoose from replay to live TV on Sunday NFL.

For pete's sake, this isn't rocket science.

Whoa! That's too much work.

Again, maybe my brain is stupid, but at that point my brain thought there wasn't a game monday night.

Now for decades, MLB went with 2 games, an off day, then three games, then an off day, then the last two.

But three or four years ago, MLB f'd with these schedules but good (I know the Angels were involved), so I just thought it was an off day.

If I REALLY wanted to watch KC-Tor, I would have found a way to find it.  I guess I didn't.

Again, maybe my brain is stupid, but at that point my brain thought there wasn't a game monday night.

Now for decades, MLB went with 2 games, an off day, then three games, then an off day, then the last two.

But three or four years ago, MLB f'd with these schedules but good (I know the Angels were involved), so I just thought it was an off day.

If I REALLY wanted to watch KC-Tor, I would have found a way to find it.  I guess I didn't.

I was being serious. I wouldn't have gotten out of my seat to find out either. I would have flipped around for a while until I found it or until I came across TNT showing Shawshank Redemption. That's where my search would have ended