• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What happened to the Social libs?

What happened to the fiscally conservative cons?

It used to be that one group was vehemently against monetary freedom and the other vehemently against social freedom. Now they are both against each. 

Sigh, there seems to be an inability to either understand the initial question or to give an answer that has anything to do with the initial question.

It's really a similar situation with the libs and cons:

The libs have a faction of die-hard social progressives.

The cons have their faction of die-hard fiscal conservatives, anti-debt, limited government types.  Those are the tea party people.

If that was actually what the Tea Party was in reality, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

They have become hawkish and are way too concerned with social issues to claim to be fiscally focused.

You can winnow it down further I guess until you have three or four people who think exactly like you.

Nate, they love their own families, but don't esteem families as an ideal. For evidence, I will post this article from mainstream liberal pub and what happened when I suggested here that a society with more intact families is a better one.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/123054/redefine-family

I am a fully functioning adult with a wife (I use being married as proof of not being a total shitbag), children, friends, education, job, and responsibilities. As I've mentioned before, I drive a Chevrolet.

Don't sell yourself short.

Plenty of shitbags are married.

You guys get an F on your Mr. Sac assignment. Right now, leftists are more energized on cultural and environmental issues. The only thing you hear on the economy is a minimum wage hike and I don't think that's as big a deal as "love wins." California is one of the most lopsided states in terms of income inequality and the Dems control everything and what do you get? Bathrooms, solar power, and gays in textbooks. Oh, and all of the environmental stuff, especially the expensive gas (about a dollar more per gallon than the rest of the country) actually hurts poor people. 

The reason is that most ideological leftists are white and middle class or above: the NPR audience (about 90% white), HuffPo readers, etc. 

Here are the top 10 areas for large gaps between the rich and poor and their income-inequality ratios:

(Note: Some states appear to be tied due to rounding.)

1. Washington, D.C. (2.60) 
2. California (2.55) 
3. New York (2.50) 
4. New Jersey (2.45) 
5. Michigan (2.43) 
6. Illinois (2.41) 
7. Texas (2.40) 
8. Louisiana (2.38) 
9. Maryland (2.38) 
10. Virginia (2.38)

Let me save you time and print your reactions: 

"You're dumb."

"Yeah, dumb."

"Yeah, you tell 'em. He's dumb."

"And, nobody likes him."

"Yeah, because he's dumb."

"Yeah, go back to dumbland."

<<insert picture of dumb person>>

Edited by Juan Savage

By the way, it's natural that the left focuses on the avenue that has provided them with the most success. And, they are significant. Years ago, people would have been shocked by Nikki Minaj, but that's pretty tame now- lots more expression so that we've finally rid ourselves of our Puritan heritage and embraced all forms of art. We'd never see gay men on TV and now it's rare to find mainstream entertainment where guys don't kiss. Marriages are down, but that just means less women are getting beaten up. We've finally removed the scourge of cross-dressing men getting weird stares when entering a women's bathroom.