• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another DUI Murder (St. Louis)

There have been numerous reports that legalizing marijuana has led to significantly lower traffic fatalities in Colorado.

Colorado's passion for microbreweries has now extend to whiskey and vodka.  Small batch outlets are popping up all over the place.  Our DUIs are still hold strong.

Having been in the wine business for over ten years, I can tell you that a DUI in this industry is practically the kiss of death.  I might have one glass--maybe two if I'm there long enough--of wine with lunch or dinner at an account, but that's it.  I'm literally paranoid of ever having a DUI.   

In fact, a handful of people I've worked with were fired almost immediately after getting a DUI.  It completely ruined their lives--financially and personally. 

However, I've always found it hypocritical of many wine and spirits companies that do this to their employees.  The whole point of our jobs is tasting customers on our products.  You can't taste without drinking.  (You're supposed to spit when tasting wine, but if someone hands me a glass of high-quality wine I'm drinking it--albeit, slowly. HA!)  

Also, Prohibition was a complete government failure.  It lead to an increase in organized crime, a higher rate of alcohol-related deaths, and an underground of unregulated booze making (which also ended up killing people, because people didn't know what the hell they were doing).  Hell, the government themselves poisoned alcohol on purpose during that time, but to no avail.

I'm all for strict DUI offenses though.  In fact, the second offense is pretty strict.  You have to spend 10 days in jail, complete an alcohol treatment program (which are insanely expensive), and your car has to have an interlock device installed. 

If it were me, my first DUI would most definitely be my last.  In fact, I would probably never drink again outside of my house. 

Sidebar: My friend told me while she was in rehab that one woman, a professed alcoholic, told the crowd in therapy: "I knew I was an alcoholic when I crashed my car through a liquor store." 

Edited by DEVLBAT

I found it interesting (and it makes sense) that areas with Uber are seeing drops in DUI related incidents. I know we've used the service a few times in the last couple of months.

I live in Fullerton, which has turned the downtown area in to OC's version of Bourbon Street. One of the most maddening things is they make a point of ticketing cars parked in downtown lots between 2am-5am.

Come party in downtown Fullerton...don't drink and drive...but don't leave your car or we'll give you a ticket.

The libs are trying to put uber out of business

Reducing the limit is going to be tough but I'd be in favor of a second DUI being a permanent loss of license. I'd also love to see all forms of distracted or impaired driving have severe penalties.

if they really want to get serious about it, they should make you get rid of your car at that point since it seems plenty of people continue to drive with or without a license.

at the very least your car should be impounded until your driving privileges have been restored.

if they really want to get serious about it, they should make you get rid of your car at that point since it seems plenty of people continue to drive with or without a license.

at the very least your car should be impounded until your driving privileges have been restored.

If you've read any gun control thread you know I'm not going to get on board with restricting ownership. Use is the issue. You can only be so proactive and still call this a free society. At some point you just have to start hammering offenders instead of trying to prevent them.

Colorado's passion for microbreweries has now extend to whiskey and vodka.  Small batch outlets are popping up all over the place.  Our DUIs are still hold strong.

Damn libs in Colorado.  First marijuana which we know leads to crack and heroin and now the yuppie microbrewies are going everclear on us.  The churches there may as well just allow one man and three women marriages. 

Damn libs in Colorado.  First marijuana which we know leads to crack and heroin and now the yuppie microbrewies are going everclear on us.  The churches there may as well just allow one man and three women marriages. 

There's actually a decent number of LDS folks here.  Spilled over from our neighbor to the west, I guess. 

If you've read any gun control thread you know I'm not going to get on board with restricting ownership. Use is the issue. You can only be so proactive and still call this a free society. At some point you just have to start hammering offenders instead of trying to prevent them.

If you have a repeat offender who isn't in jail, shouldn't something be done to try and prevent him from endangering the public again? I'd hate to think anyone I care about might be hurt, crippled or killed by someone driving while their license is suspended but they still have their car. " but he could just borrow his friends car" you'll say, and that's true. But that's going to be a difficult thing for him to do, and I'm okay with that.

It shouldn't be easy for this person to get behind the wheel again, and if that means impounding his car until his license is restored, that's a a helluva small price for him to pay for our safety.

I found it interesting (and it makes sense) that areas with Uber are seeing drops in DUI related incidents. I know we've used the service a few times in the last couple of months.

I live in Fullerton, which has turned the downtown area in to OC's version of Bourbon Street. One of the most maddening things is they make a point of ticketing cars parked in downtown lots between 2am-5am.

Come party in downtown Fullerton...don't drink and drive...but don't leave your car or we'll give you a ticket.

I hate this so much. There is a place close here that is in walking distance and if you do the responsible thing and leave your car behind they leave some kind of fake ticket/we'll tow your car on private property note.

If you have a repeat offender who isn't in jail, shouldn't something be done to try and prevent him from endangering the public again? I'd hate to think anyone I care about might be hurt, crippled or killed by someone driving while their license is suspended but they still have their car. " but he could just borrow his friends car" you'll say, and that's true. But that's going to be a difficult thing for him to do, and I'm okay with that.

It shouldn't be easy for this person to get behind the wheel again, and if that means impounding his car until his license is restored, that's a a helluva small price for him to pay for our safety.

People will just transfer their car titles

I can see DUI's getting more strict, but there is too much money in them (like the prison system) to get too out of line. There's kind of a trap system in place once you get one and a bunch of people have their hands out. You see the serious multiple offenders that are poor just get cycled through because they can't pay the fees and it's an endless cycle. But really, all types and ages get DUI's. I looked at opening one or multiple locations years ago but it's like winning the lottery getting in with a county.