• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Greediest Place on Earth?

Tank

disney parks significantly raise prices on annual passports while eliminating the premium passport. the most expensive passport is now $1049 per year.

http://micechat.com/111763-star-wars-changes-disneyland/

this is a long article but it's well worth the read.

i didn't realize there's a bi-coastal passport for those who like both the florida and california parks. it will now cost $1439 per year. 

The parking increase is a bitch...we usually park in DT Disney (3 hours free), grab a drink (3 hours more free), and that gives us 6 hours...more than enough time before I get sick of the crowds or whiny kids we took with us. They cut the free parking to 2 hours and I didn't see anything in regards to additional validation time.

Might be time to check out uber rates to the park.

Its a bit absurd, really. My wife and I have 2 kids. It will cost $2600 for our family to get a mid grade pass and parking. Add the obligatory $4 churros, sodas and occasional meals and $3000 is gone pretty quick.

That is a lot of money to spend to walk around in a crazy overcrowded theme park. It's sad because we really enjoy the parks and with my kids being 5 and 8 its a perfect time for them.

Friggin nuts. I was complaining about annual pass prices 10 years ago when they went up to like 2 or 3 hundo.

I've lived across the street from Disneyland for the better part of the last year. Haven't gone once, but then again I don't have kids.

$3,000, if that's what it will cost for the average family, is a LOT of money that could alternatively go towards more cheaper and enjoyable vacations.

For those of you with passes, how many times a year do you actually end up going? Is it worth the cost?

It all depends on how you view this.  I used to think it was too expensive and a complete rip off.  But think of it in terms of season tickets to a sports team.  It's quite a bit less expensive than that.  (Unless you're going to see the LA KISS). 

disney is at an interesting place. they've way oversold annual passes and in fact stopped selling certain ones. they also keep increasing the prices of the APs, i'm guessing to try and reduce the number of people who buy them (not really sure about this reason, plus it isn't working). they've also increased the regular one day one park fee to $99.

i figured a lot of this was aimed at keeping out the criminal element and people that they parks really don't want to have to deal with or have them upset the guests (think for comparisons sake to all the gang fights at six flags, for instance). but yet, the park is more crowded than ever before and people are pissed about the overcrowding. there are even stories out there about AP holders yelling at guests that this is "our park. go over to california adventure!"

for me, my wife and daughter to go to the park, it's $319 just to park and get in the gate. that's a hefty bill. in fact, the last two times we've gone to the park, my daughter went with a friend while my wife and i stayed outside in downtown disney and just hung out for the day. it's what we can afford right now.

i think this new AP pricing plan has the potential to cause a lot of backlash against the company. there will always be people who don't mind paying or are willing to afford it, and they won't be affected. but for the average family, a day at the park is something you really have to budget and save for. i don't like that it's become this way.

We have annual passes for Walt Disney World in Florida, and paid $400 a piece for them in April. I own a place down there, and go a few times a year, so it always paid for itself. It is up to $797 now. Double the price.

Prices are crazy now. $105/day to get in the Magic Kingdom!

We have annual passes for Walt Disney World in Florida, and paid $400 a piece for them in April. I own a place down there, and go a few times a year, so it always paid for itself. It is up to $797 now. Double the price.

Prices are crazy now. $105/day to get in the Magic Kingdom!

that's another major complaint about the APs. since right before the 50th anniversary, they've more than doubled in price, and some have even tripled.

we had the premium pass up until 2004, and they were running about $230 per. they jumped the price up to $350 for the 50th anniversary, and the price increases haven't stopped. now up to $1049, that's about quadruple the price in eleven years. screw that.

Disney had to do this.  The attendance issues at Disneyland have been ridiculous the last few years and this year has been one of the worst.  I don't have an annual passport so when I went a few months back I had to just buy a regular ticket.  When I go with my family, we usually start at California Adventure, spend about 5 hours there, then head over to Disneyland for the rest of the day.  I ended up going into Disneyland first so I could get a locker and put our stuff in there so it would be waiting for us later that day when we returned.  A few hours pass and the rumor starts going around Disneyland has closed it's gates.  We try going over there and are told that they can no longer allow anymore people in because they reached capacity.  This was around noon or so.  They were closed down for the next 12 hours!  Some of my family has the season pass and they say the over crowding there is completely out of control.  Way too many people with passes are going there and just clogging up the parks and ruining the experience for those that don't get to go as often or for those who are coming from out of town to visit Disneyland.  So this was long over due.

What Aaron and Chimi said

Even on a Thursday afternoon in October 2014 for my birthday with my daughter, the place was mobbed.

Do kids not go to school any more?     Or are so many more of them being home schooled, and parents are giving the kids occasional days off of school to go there? 

Maybe they should go back to making pass holders pay in only up to say two increments, instead of monthly ones.

Makes it too easy for someone to get a pass.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Disney World in Florida is the same with the over-crowding. It used to be that off season was the time to go. Lower prices and no crowds.

Those days are over. They have done such a good job marketing internationally, that they always have something going on to pull them in.

We take the kids for "Jersey Week" . The first week of November is NJ Teachers convention, so schools are closed. The parks are manageable that week

Our 4 passes expire tomorrow, and after 2 years we're going to let them go.  The kids have had their fill, so it's time to use the money and time for other things.  After shelling out nearly 3k, you feel obliged to spend your free time there.  Most things in life aren't worth the price, and Disneyland should be at the top of that list.  The rides are very average and break down ALL THE TIME, the lines are long, the food is garbage and overpriced, they don't serve alcohol, idiots start clogging up the walk ways 3 hours before parades, people move at a glacier pace in general, and when did fat and lazy qualify someone to rent a scooter?  Shouldn't those be reserved for the actual handicapped?

You guys who have passes, how many of your local friends also have them?

Maybe it's because of the price increases, but more and more I know less local folks who go there at all, unless it's just Downtown Disney. 

I'd say it's more than 50% of our friends/acquaintances...BUT we have girls.  I don't see nearly as many little boys.

When I had an annual pass it was $100.

Same and that was maybe 15 years ago and I used the pass twice at post.  I haven't been in probably 13 years and the only reason I went then is because a friend who worked there got us in for free.  Aside from having kids I never really understood the allure of going to DIsneyland but I know some people love it.

Greed or not they don't seem to have any problem filling the park up so I don't blame them for raising prices.    

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat