• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Chinese company's development near Angel Stadium shrinks because Angels unwilling to give up parking spaces

AngelsWin.com

Good for Arte. This is one of those deals where if he'd caved that would set up a precedent for all sorts of people to come out of the woodwork and chip away at the spaces bit by bit, to the point of eventually precluding Arte from being able to build a structure and demolish spaces to free up land for his own use.

This reminds me:

Why doesn't Angel Stadium have clear parking markers? I routinely spend an hour looking for my car after games. F that parking lot what a horrendous piece of shit. 

Edited by failos

This reminds me:

Why doesn't Angel Stadium have clear parking markers? I routinely spend an hour looking for my car after games. F that parking lot what a horrendous piece of shit.

Walt Disney was clever enough to think of that 60 years ago

This reminds me:

I have never had an issue with the parking markers or finding my car, and I usually go to one game per season tops.

I have never had an issue with the parking markers or finding my car, and I usually go to one game per season tops.

Small sample size. I'd expect some regression to bring your luck down to earth vis a vis finding your car.

In my opinion only idiots park in the stadium parking lot. It sucks waiting for 30 minutes just to get out of the stadium, turning 3 different directions just to get to the line of cars trying to get out. There are plenty of places around the stadium you can park if youre just willing to walk a little bit. Paying 10 bucks to park in the stadium lot is a huge rip off.

Small sample size. I'd expect some regression to bring your luck down to earth vis a vis finding your car.

I don't go often. I usually park in the front, no matter where my seats are.  Then usually bitch about how far I have to walk after the game.   But I can find my car.

I can't imagine that these people have $450M to spend on building this giant complex, but they haven't thought through parking beyond trying to buy it from the neighbors.

They're Chinese, they thought everybody would arrive by bicycle or by walking.

In my opinion only idiots park in the stadium parking lot. It sucks waiting for 30 minutes just to get out of the stadium, turning 3 different directions just to get to the line of cars trying to get out. There are plenty of places around the stadium you can park if youre just willing to walk a little bit. Paying 10 bucks to park in the stadium lot is a huge rip off.

I suppose that having a family member with mobility issues makes me an idiot, then.

I suppose that having a family member with mobility issues makes me an idiot, then.

Tact is not his strong point.  The price fluctuates in the outer lots.  They will rip you off in a second if it's really a busy game.  I'd rather pay the $10 and not have to cross a high speed street, and also not worry about auto security which could be questionable.  You have a very good reason to also stay in the Stadium lot, and so do families with little kids. 

Only idiots don't know how to go park themselves where they can pull right into the exit lanes...    It's not like an 80 year old on a moped is going to give chase and throw you in parking jail.  

Or we don't have an issue paying $10 to park. I would guess that $10 is probably better than average for MLB, but I could be wrong. Also I'd like to add you know a lot of idiots. It's also weird that if you've been to the stadium quite a bit that you can't figure out where to park and get out in under 30 minutes. 90% of the time I'm out of the stadium parking lot in less than a minute, just not on day games mid week, but those games aren't that crowded.

Best place to park at the stadium is along the 3rd base side where Gene Autry and State College meet. I've never parked anywhere else and usually get out of there, on the 5 in 10 minutes after I get to my car.

Another good place to park so you can drink some beers before hand is that big business on the corner of State College and Orangewood.