• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Right-To-Die Bill Passes In California

I was against The Right to Die until I saw the documentary "How to Die in Oregon". I'm now all for it. It's not that easy to get approved and there is a lot of therapy required to ensure the patient is of sound mind when making their decision. The patient is 100% responsible to take the death pills. It's great that medical advancements have prolonged life, but for many the quality eventually is compromised. I do not want to live my last years in agony because of drugs that are keeping me alive. I do not consider that "living".

Edited by mancini79

I was against The Right to Die until I saw the documentary "How to Die in Oregon". I'm now all for it. It's not that easy to get approved and there is a lot of therapy required to ensure the patient is of sound mind when making their decision. The patient is 100% responsible to take the death pills. It's great that medical advancements have prolonged life, but for many the quality eventually is compromised. I do not want to live my last years in agony because of drugs that are keeping me alive. I do not consider that "living".

My neighbor went through a year of agony with cancer.  The cancer in his neck spread to the point that he looked like the elephant man, and was in constant pain when he moved.  It got to a point that all the medication he was taking to combat the cancer and fight the pain was pretty much causing failures of his healthy organs.  

Let them die with dignity.  It's their choice, their life.  

My neighbor went through a year of agony with cancer.  The cancer in his neck spread to the point that he looked like the elephant man, and was in constant pain when he moved.  It got to a point that all the medication he was taking to combat the cancer and fight the pain was pretty much causing failures of his healthy organs.  

Let them die with dignity.  It's their choice, their life.  

Can anybody explain, in two or three sentences, why it's more dignified to kill yourself than to not kill yourself? Are you saying that needing care or help is undignified?

If somebody decides to hang on, is he dying in an undignified manner? If both are equally dignified, then why mention dignity at all?

Let's get some logic going, people. Why is having a doctor kill you more dignified than having your brother do it or shooting yourself?

Don't bring up rights, either, unless it's a real right, not just something that you think people should have because you feel like it. Tell me the source of that right.  

Just say: I want people to be able to kill themselves so that they will be able to end their suffering. 

Just please stop the silly talk about dignity and rights. 

Edited by Juan Savage

Can anybody explain, in two or three sentences, why it's more dignified to kill yourself than to not kill yourself? Are you saying that needing care or help is undignified?

If somebody decides to hang on, is he dying in an undignified manner? If both are equally dignified, then why mention dignity at all?

Let's get some logic going, people. Why is having a doctor kill you more dignified than having your brother do it or shooting yourself?

Don't bring up rights, either, unless it's a real right, not just something that you think people should have because you feel like it. Tell me the source of that right.  

Just say: I want people to be able to kill themselves so that they will be able to end their suffering. 

Just please stop the silly talk about dignity and rights. 

Dignity is not having 24 hour care.  Where your diaper has to be changed because you can't or don't know that you are about to crap yourself.  Dignity is also remembering who you are, instead of hoping that tomorrow you don't wake up.  Maybe you think crapping yourself on a regular basis is dignified.  Maybe you think barely being a shell of yourself mentally, to the point that you won't eat because you don't know what eating is is dignified.  Or that you don't even recognize any family members because you don't remember anything is dignified.  

You changed your mind because of a documentary? 

Dignity is not having 24 hour care.  Where your diaper has to be changed because you can't or don't know that you are about to crap yourself.  Dignity is also remembering who you are, instead of hoping that tomorrow you don't wake up.  Maybe you think crapping yourself on a regular basis is dignified.  Maybe you think barely being a shell of yourself mentally, to the point that you won't eat because you don't know what eating is is dignified.  Or that you don't even recognize any family members because you don't remember anything is dignified.  

You guys can have opinions and be proud of them. I think it's fair for others to point out logical inconsistencies. For you dignity is somebody doing things that gross you out or would embarrass a normal healthy person. Think about the consequences of your assertion. Are all people incapable of taking care of themselves, undignified? 

Babies can't take care of themselves and poop on themselves. Is that undignified? Of course not. We know that some people, especially at the beginning and end of life, cannot care for themselves. It's part of being human. It's not embarrassing or undignified. 

What's undignified is people who can take care of themselves, but refuse to do so, like people on some forms of public assistance. 

My parents are old, of course. The most dignified thing would be to have him die a natural death with dignity and his children to be there for him. A less dignified conversation I can think of would be for us to sit at a table and decide when he should die so that he can avoid embarrassment or even pain.