• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

4 minutes ago, cals said:

It was stupid to say it but look, let’s be honest, most Americans make Corky from Life Goes on Look like a MENSA member.

You should reconsider the company you keep on a daily basis. Maybe you are just super duper smart and the rest of us just appear that way?

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

42 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is more on a national level but McAuliffe's stupid remark that parents shouldn't have a say in their kid's education was really stupid and likely cost him the election 

I hope that this race proves to the Dems that I’m Not Like Trump And This Guy Is is not a viable campaign strategy anymore.  McAuliffe’s constant attack ads trying to paint Youngkin as a big Trump supporter while he campaigned as a moderate, addressing every issue Virginians said was important to them in the polls.  Kinda like what we saw in California with the recall except Elder was too far right to win here and California voters are dumb enough to buy into the Trump hysteria.

12 minutes ago, mmc said:

I hope that this race proves to the Dems that I’m Not Like Trump And This Guy Is is not a viable campaign strategy anymore.  McAuliffe’s constant attack ads trying to paint Youngkin as a big Trump supporter while he campaigned as a moderate, addressing every issue Virginians said was important to them in the polls.  Kinda like what we saw in California with the recall except Elder was too far right to win here and California voters are dumb enough to buy into the Trump hysteria.

The Dems will not stop playing the Trump card as their other option is to side with the wacky progressives and their nonsense. If they focus on issues that people care about and tell the AOC types in their party to get bent then they will do better. Biden won because many voted against Trump. I agree with you that ship has sailed 

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, Jason said:

This is more on a national level but McAuliffe's stupid remark that parents shouldn't have a say in their kid's education was really stupid and likely cost him the election 

“Listen, we have a board of ed working with the local school boards to determine the curriculum for our schools. You don’t want parents coming in in every different school jurisdiction saying, ‘This is what should be taught here’ and, ‘This is what should be taught here.’”

This is what he said. He never said they shouldn't have a say in their kids' education

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

“Listen, we have a board of ed working with the local school boards to determine the curriculum for our schools. You don’t want parents coming in in every different school jurisdiction saying, ‘This is what should be taught here’ and, ‘This is what should be taught here.’”

This is what he said. He never said they shouldn't have a say in their kids' education

My paraphrasing was off but my point still stands as it sounds like he doesn’t want the parents getting involved. It’s apparent this was a big issue for Virginia voters and they didn’t like the direction the education system there was going. Maybe they are tired of government having full control in this area? 

Edited by Jason

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

My paraphrasing was off but my point still stands as it sounds like he doesn’t want the parents getting involved. It’s apparent this was a big issue for Virginia voters and they didn’t like the direction the education system there was going. Maybe they are tired of government having full control in this area? 

Your paraphrasing is putting words into his mouth that did not come out. He never told them not to get involved. He told them not to go directly to the schools. You don't need Bubba and Ruthie Sue marching down to the school every time some talk show host prods them into being indignant. The government that you're so fond of putting blame on is where they should be placing their anger. At the end of the day the schools don't create the curriculum. They just implement it

15 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Your paraphrasing is putting words into his mouth that did not come out. He never told them not to get involved. He told them not to go directly to the schools. You don't need Bubba and Ruthie Sue marching down to the school every time some talk show host prods them into being indignant. The government that you're so fond of putting blame on is where they should be placing their anger. At the end of the day the schools don't create the curriculum. They just implement it

We’re talking about school boards here which I put under the government umbrella. It’s not really a secret that the Dems think that government always knows what’s best and McAulliffe was no different. Outside of home schooling, how else should parents voice concern over what is being taught?

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

We’re talking about school boards here which I put under the government umbrella. It’s not really a secret that the Dems think that government always knows what’s best and McAulliffe was no different. Outside of home schooling, how else should parents voice concern over what is being taught?

You don’t want parents coming in in every different school jurisdiction saying, ‘This is what should be taught here’ and, ‘This is what should be taught here.’”

"The Dems" think that and now with a good old fashioned Republican running the state (commonwealth?) everything will be hunkyfuckingdory and freedom will ring through the hills and valleys and the mean old government shan't overstep and do something as vile as create a state (commonwealth?)wide school curriculum

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You don’t want parents coming in in every different school jurisdiction saying, ‘This is what should be taught here’ and, ‘This is what should be taught here.’”

"The Dems" think that and now with a good old fashioned Republican running the state (commonwealth?) everything will be hunkyfuckingdory and freedom will ring through the hills and valleys and the mean old government shan't overstep and do something as vile as create a state (commonwealth?)wide school curriculum

I get it, you didn’t like the outcome and don’t see a problem with McAuliffe’s stance and that’s fine. Apparently the voters there felt differently than you do and it proved to be costly in this election. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I get it, you didn’t like the outcome and don’t see a problem with McAuliffe’s stance and that’s fine. Apparently the voters there felt differently than you do and it proved to be costly in this election. 

I don't give a tiny rat's ass about the outcome. Do you honestly believe the other clown will do something different?

20 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't give a tiny rat's ass about the outcome. Do you honestly believe the other clown will do something different?

Maybe? I honestly don’t know what their legislature in Virginia looks like. He may have zero power as a result. This has no impact on me and my point was that voters there felt like they weren’t going to have a voice in terms of their kid’s education based on his comments 

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Arch originally posted the actual quote  and not the “paraphrase” from Jason.

Before he did that, I thought what Jason had been saying was the actual quote. I feel slightly betrayed. 

Yes, I read between the lines and paraphrased. He’s made numerous comments about the subject so it’s easy to put 2 and 2 together. 

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, I read between the lines and paraphrased. He’s made numerous comments about the subject so it’s easy to put 2 and 2 together. 

If you can put 2 and 2 together it's because you didn't attend a school where the curriculum was dictated by parents who read a tweet

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

If you can put 2 and 2 together it's because you didn't attend a school where the curriculum was dictated by parents who read a tweet

You have completely missed the point. If parents have issue with the curriculum being taught they should have an outlet to be heard and these things discussed. 

Edited by Jason