• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

Virginia's Winsome Sears says voters are 'tired of the Black against White'

Virginia Lieutenant Governor-elect Winsome Sears, the first Black woman elected to statewide office in Virginia's history, attributed her victory to voters being sick of seeing Black and White people pitted against each other. 

"They’re tired of the Black against White and the Asian against Latino," Winsome said of those who voted for her during a "Fox News Sunday" interview. "They’re tired of it, and they’re tired of politicians who won’t let the wounds of the past heal." 

"I’ve just always assumed whatever room I’m in, I belong. Whatever I want to pursue, it’s mine for the taking," Winsome told host Chris Wallace. "Nobody is denying that we don’t want to hear all the history, least of all me. I certainly don’t want the sins of the past to be repeated. We don’t have to tear one person down in order to build another up. That’s no way to be. That’s not America." 

Winsome, who emigrated from Jamaica and formerly served as a U.S. Marine, first gained notoriety through her campaign photo in which the 57-year-old posed with a rifle. That eventually led to her earning the GOP’s nomination for lieutenant governor, and she fired up crowds for fellow Republican Glenn Youngkin, now the governor-elect. She reacted to criticism from the left following her win, specifically to a joke made by Michael Che during a Nov. 6 episode of NBC’s "Saturday Night Live." 

Showing the campaign photo during the "Weekend Update" satirical news segment, Che had said, "Republican Winsome Sears, seen here attempting suicide-by-cop, was elected as Virginia’s first Black female lieutenant governor." He further joked, "This is actually a win for Democrats because nothing will get Republicans to support gun control faster than this picture."

When asked if she found the joke funny, Winsome said yes, "because I don’t think he knows what he’s saying." 

"The fact that his audience thought it was quite hilarious was also very telling about their character," she continued. "You know, it’s a bunch of hypocrisy but it’s alright. I can handle it. I’m a big girl."

"Everything I’ve had, I’ve had to work for. No one gave me anything," Winsome said. "Sometimes, what happens to you isn’t because you’re Black or because you’re a woman. It’s simply life. I mean, some days you’re the pigeon and some days you’re the statue. It’s just life." 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Sell it. Tide has always been a high theft item. It can't be tracked. Everybody wants it. And people have no problem paying $xx-$10.  

makes sense. when the shutdown first happened, you couldn't find a bottle of lysol spray in a store anywhere around here, but there were people on facebook marketplace with entire pallets of them. guessing this must be the same thing, although i had no idea there was a high demand for laundry detergent.

San Francisco Walgreens shuts over 'severe rat infestation'

According to an October report released by the pest control company Orkin, San Francisco ranked fifth among the "rattiest" cities in the United States, preceded by Washington, D.C., New York and Los Angeles. Chicago earned the top spot for most rat-infested city. Baltimore followed up in sixth place.

40 minutes ago, Tank said:

makes sense. when the shutdown first happened, you couldn't find a bottle of lysol spray in a store anywhere around here, but there were people on facebook marketplace with entire pallets of them. guessing this must be the same thing, although i had no idea there was a high demand for laundry detergent.

Some places around here have laundry detergent under lock and key like booze.  It's weird some of the stuff you see under lock and key.  I can't remember what it was, but I was at a CVS near the Grove, and they had a whole weird section under lock and key.  It was something like razors or some weird thing like that.  I don't remember it being an expensive item.  

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Some places around here have laundry detergent under lock and key like booze.  It's weird some of the stuff you see under lock and key.  I can't remember what it was, but I was at a CVS near the Grove, and they had a whole weird section under lock and key.  It was something like razors or some weird thing like that.  I don't remember it being an expensive item.  

same here, including razors and laundry detergent.

stores and law enforcement need to figure out a different approach to all of this insane theft. the stores won't be able to continue losing so much money without raising prices to make up for the loss. that ends up screwing honest people. then you have the potential for a horrible cycle of "I can't afford these prices and they're not going to prosecute, so I'll just grab what I want and walk out." in turn, stores will raise prices to make up for the lack of sales, screwing the rest of us. but we won't want to pay those higher prices, so more people could turn to just grabbing armfuls of merchandise, knowing they won't be prosecuted. and so on and so on.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

same here, including razors and laundry detergent.

stores and law enforcement need to figure out a different approach to all of this insane theft. the stores won't be able to continue losing so much money without raising prices to make up for the loss. that ends up screwing honest people. then you have the potential for a horrible cycle of "I can't afford these prices and they're not going to prosecute, so I'll just grab what I want and walk out." in turn, stores will raise prices to make up for the lack of sales, screwing the rest of us. but we won't want to pay those higher prices, so more people could turn to just grabbing armfuls of merchandise, knowing they won't be prosecuted. and so on and so on.

It'll be funny when stores become like jewelry stores, and you have to be buzzed in and out.  

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The only laundry detergent in lockup is the stupid Tide Pods so stores don't get sued when idiot kids try and eat them. Razor blades are in lockup because they are stupidly expensive and slip into pockets. 

I always figured the eating of Tide pods was just a form of natural selection. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The only laundry detergent in lockup is the stupid Tide Pods so stores don't get sued when idiot kids try and eat them. Razor blades are in lockup because they are stupidly expensive and slip into pockets. 

I always wonder when I see a young person at my dad's dialysis center.  Where they a tide pod eater?  One of those sniff's every chemical imaginable?  Took drugs like crazy?  Licked toilets?  WTF did they do to screw their life up so bad.