• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Which policies were undone ? 

https://cmsny.org/biden-immigration-executive-actions/
Here’s a list. Now it’s fair to argue whether or not these were good or bad policy (probably depends on your own political leanings) but the mere fact he dumped as many he could sends a message to those trying to come over 

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://cmsny.org/biden-immigration-executive-actions/
Here’s a list. Now it’s fair to argue whether or not these were good or bad policy (probably depends on your own political leanings) but the mere fact he dumped as many he could sends a message to those trying to come over 

I’ve honestly gotta say man I think that most of those policies are fairly inconsequential/bad.  Moreover I really seriously question the idea that immigrants are watching these policies at all.  They dont know shit about any of this stuff.  The “caravans” were coming under Trump ! There’s some more migrants now for various reasons.  Maybe you can attribute some of that to “not trump” who knows how that can be quantified.  But I think it’s really a stretch to say that is a serious cause for more migrants.  The main thing is that Haiti has natural and political crisis and those are the people we’re seeing.  At least the increased numbers.  IMO.  

but it’s 100% factual that there is not a consequential change in enforcement on the border. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I put this in the gas thread in the Hangout forum, but moved it here:

IMO the Dems like the high gas prices and closed the gas line project to be dependent on foreign oil

Better to push their green ideas

How much electricity is made by burning coal or natural gas?

What is U.S. electricity generation by energy source? - EIA

In 2020, about 4,009 billion kilowatthours (kWh) (or about 4.01 trillion kWh) of electricity were generated at utility-scale electricity generation facilities in the United States. About 60% of this electricity generation was from fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, petroleum, and other gases.

Preliminary data as of February 2021    
Energy source Billion kWh Share of total
Total - all sources 4,009
Fossil fuels (total) 2,419 60.3%
Natural Gas 1,617 40.3%
Coal 774 19.3%
Petroleum (total) 17 0.4%
Petroleum liquids 10 0.2%
Petroleum coke 8 0.2%
Other gases 11 0.3%
Nuclear 790 19.7%
Renewables (total) 792 19.8%
Wind 338 8.4%
Hydropower 291 7.3%
Solar (total) 91 2.3%
Photovoltaic 88 2.2%
Solar thermal 3 0.1%
Biomass (total) 56 1.4%
Wood 37 0.9%
Landfill gas 10 0.3%
Municipal solid waste (biogenic) 6 0.2%
Other biomass waste 2 0.1%
Geothermal 17 0.4%
Pumped storage hydropower3 -5 -0.1%
Other sources4 13 0.3%

9 minutes ago, Redondo said:

How much time did any of you take off?

Lets see.  With my kids when it was time for my wife to deliver I would drop her off at the hospital and wish her luck. First kid I headed straight for Vegas and met some exotic dancers and had too much to drink and woke up on a beach in Tangiers.

Second kid it was off to Monte Carlo then some travel and ended up in Spain doing the running of the bulls.  During the event I stopped at a cafe to call and see if it was a boy or a girl but almost got gored so I couldn't talk long.  

To answer your question, I would take all the time off I needed until I ran out of money and had to go home. 

42 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Men who take 6 months off for paternity leave are ‘losers,’ tech entrepreneur says

I don't think losers is the right word

But 6 months is ridiculous when you aren't even having the baby

How much time did any of you take off?

Truth is who gives a fuck.  Whatever your job allows then fine, you want more time on your own dollar fine.  Why do you even spend time on this shit?  Sorry dude, but you take way too much time off fretting over shit nobody gives a fuck about.  

1 hour ago, Crampknees said:

Truth is who gives a fuck.  Whatever your job allows then fine, you want more time on your own dollar fine.  Why do you even spend time on this shit?  Sorry dude, but you take way too much time off fretting over shit nobody gives a fuck about.  

I get that you don't like what I post

But others here might want to talk about it

Never said I was fretting over it

Edited by Redondo

3 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I remember being there for the day of the birth and then right back to work the next day

Back when I was young no one took off work unless the baby or wife were at a health risk

I think some bonding time is important but yeah, 6 months is someone just trying to avoid going to work. 

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

I remember being there for the day of the birth and then right back to work the next day

Back when I was young no one took off work unless the baby or wife were at a health risk

Ya, pretty fucking stupid that it was that way huh.  Maybe that should change.  On the other hand.  It’s awesome you gave that time your boss. 

3 hours ago, Crampknees said:

I would think that companies care.  Because everyone isn't replaceable.  And if you can take 6 months off and the company not caring, it just shows how replaceable, and inconsequential you are.  And probably the first on the chopping block.