• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

@Jason are you a gun guy? I've been thinking of getting a shotgun for home defense. Which would be a good one to get?

Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 are good bets. Smith and Wesson just came out with their M&P 12 and it is badass. I prefer pistols because they are easier to store in a quick access safe. The first gun I ever bought was a Remington 870 and I still have it

Edited by Jason

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

1 hour ago, Jay said:

@Jason are you a gun guy? I've been thinking of getting a shotgun for home defense. Which would be a good one to get?

The instructor I worked with who was a former marine and trains local cops/sheriffs said for home defense a shotgun is the best way to go.  I didn't get to do training course on that and consider buying one before the lock down hit and a lot of people who didn't own guns ran out to buy them and ammo which was in short supply.  I'll take notes on the responses by Jason and MAGA.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The instructor I worked with who was a former marine and trains local cops/sheriffs said for home defense a shotgun is the best way to go.  I didn't get to do training course on that and consider buying one before the lock down hit and a lot of people who didn't own guns ran out to buy them and ammo which was in short supply.  I'll take notes on the responses by Jason and MAGA.

That makes sense if you don’t plant to carry and just want to buy one. I recommend an arsenal prepared for any occasion 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

You’re also in Idaho and can buy things we can’t in California like pistol caliber AR pistol. Ideal for home defense.

Dumb question. Why does it matter what kind of gun you have for home defense? Will the criminal change his behavior based on the type of gun you have?

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Dumb question. Why does it matter what kind of gun you have for home defense? Will the criminal change his behavior based on the type of gun you have?

Because some guns are easier for other people to use. For example pistol caliber carbine are much easier for women and older people than a 12 gauge shotgun. You should always buy what you are comfortable with and can shoot well

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

To go along with what Jason said a shotgun makes it less likely you miss vs. a handgun.  Also to answer your question the sound of a shotgun cocking can be a pretty good deterrent in itself.

4 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

To go along with what Jason said a shotgun makes it less likely you miss vs. a handgun.  Also to answer your question the sound of a shotgun cocking can be a pretty good deterrent in itself.

You know this from experience?

No but I trust the person who I mentioned previously that was a former marine and trains local law enforcement when he told me.  If you've ever loaded a handgun like a 9mm and a shotgun or heard it done the sound is quite different.  Hearing the sound of any gun being loaded likely deters many people who break into others houses as they're usually cowards and think they're dealing with easy prey. 

13 hours ago, Redondo said:

Nike exec who ran NBA team makes admission about his years in gang

Nike exec admits to murder

Former Portland Trail Blazers president and current Nike executive Larry Miller has admitted that he killed a teen when he was in a gang more than 50 years ago. 

Miller, now 72, revealed the long-guarded secret in an exclusive interview with Sports Illustrated published Wednesday. He described his decision to come clean about his past as "really difficult." 

"Because for years, I ran from this," Miller said. "I tried to hide this and hope that people didn’t find out about it." 

Miller even kept the secret from powerful friends like Michael Jordan and NBA commissioner Adam Silver. He said he decided to go public ahead of his forthcoming book, "Jump: My Secret Journey From the Streets to the Boardroom," set for release next year.

Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Miller said he grew up in a stable family, but things began to spiral when he turned 13, and he joined the Cedar Avenue gang in West Philadelphia. He said he was a "straight-up gangbanger" by 16. 

On Sept. 30, 1965, Miller said he shot 18-year-old Edward White. The shooting was in retaliation for one of Miller’s fellow gang members getting killed by a rival gang. Yet Miller admitted he wasn’t even sure whether White was affiliated with the rival gang – or any gang for that matter. Miller said he merely shot the first person he saw and only learned of White’s name after hearing of his death on news reports.

Will the woke mob come after him?

No statute of limitations on murder.  If mr. Nike man wants to face what he’s done he’s free to go and turn himself in.  If not, I’m not sure why the police wouldn’t go pay him a visit.  

regardless.  I don’t understand what the “woke mob” has to do with it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

No statute of limitations on murder.  If mr. Nike man wants to face what he’s done he’s free to go and turn himself in.  If not, I’m not sure why the police wouldn’t go pay him a visit.  

regardless.  I don’t understand what the “woke mob” has to do with it. 

Did he kill another gang member? If so who cares

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

No but I trust the person who I mentioned previously that was a former marine and trains local law enforcement when he told me.  If you've ever loaded a handgun like a 9mm and a shotgun or heard it done the sound is quite different.  Hearing the sound of any gun being loaded likely deters many people who break into others houses as they're usually cowards and think they're dealing with easy prey. 

Also if you have a plain-old shotgun and have to use it sometime for home defense, when they do the investigation at least you won't look like a trigger-happy wanna-be spec ops guy with an AR. You'll just look like a regular dude trying to protect his family.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Also if you have a plain-old shotgun and have to use it sometime for home defense, when they do the investigation at least you won't look like a trigger-happy wanna-be spec ops guy with an AR. You'll just look like a regular dude trying to protect his family.

I would assume that if someone breaks into your home, it’ll be at night and your vision will be limited. A shotgun sends out a wider spray (I believe) which would make it easier to hit your target. Factoring in the urgency of the moment, some shaky nerves, and what would probably be a sizable adrenaline rush, a shotgun seems like it would be more effective when you’re in the moment.

unless you’re a trained gunman, or were a navy seal or something.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

I would assume that if someone breaks into your home, it’ll be at night and your vision will be limited. A shotgun sends out a wider spray (I believe) which would make it easier to hit your target. Factoring in the urgency of the moment, some shaky nerves, and what would probably be a sizable adrenaline rush, a shotgun seems like it would be more effective when you’re in the moment.

unless you’re a trained gunman, or were a navy seal or something.

Yes it can have a wider spread (depends on the choke you have) which means you can shoot more things than just the bad guy. Generally speaking a home defense situation is very close quarters so the spread will not be a factor. You still have to train with a shotgun too. Watch that video I posted and what the shotgun does to walls in a home defense situation. Bottom line is you should be proficient at whatever you are using

Edited by Jason

Texas administrator tells teachers to balance Holocaust books with 'opposing' views

A Carroll staff member secretly recorded the Friday training and shared the audio with NBC News.

“Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Peddy said in the recording, referring to a new Texas law that requires teachers to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues. “And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust,” Peddy continued, “that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”

“How do you oppose the Holocaust?” one teacher said in response