• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

Apparently with the new Texas law, anyone can sue anyone for helping someone have an abortion, and the burden of proof is always on the defendant. And only the defendant has to pay the plaintiff's legal fees if they lose the case (rather than the other way around).

So someone could sue Governor Abbott, or one of the legislators, for driving a woman to have an abortion. I really, really, really hope that happens.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Apparently with the new Texas law, anyone can sue anyone for helping someone have an abortion, and the burden of proof is always on the defendant. And only the defendant has to pay the plaintiff's legal fees if they lose the case (rather than the other way around).

So someone could sue Governor Abbott, or one of the legislators, for driving a woman to have an abortion. I really, really, really hope that happens.

This has already been pointed out by myself and ALF. 

16 minutes ago, cals said:

I don’t dabble much in civil law anymore but seems to me that a law that puts the burden of proof on the defendant and not the party asserting the claim itself violates Due Process.

The entire thing is a mess. It basically skirts the law by having private citizens being the ones to enforce it rather than government officials. 

Former Obama, Biden adviser gloats about 9/11 cyberattack against GOP

The website of the Texas Republican Party was hacked Saturday by a group that claimed to be protesting the state’s newly enacted abortion law, according to reports.

Among those reacting to the news was Jon Cooper, a former New York financial adviser to President Biden and former President Barack Obama.

"It made my day," Cooper wrote on Twitter on Saturday, as the nation marked 20 years since the 9/11 terror attacks.

Cooper served as national finance chairman for Draft Biden 2016, Long Island campaign chairman for Obama, and served as majority leader in the legislature of Suffolk County, New York.

Last month, Cooper tweeted a photoshopped mashup of real-life vaccine-mandate protesters and the child character from the 1999 movie "The Sixth Sense" and added his comment: "I see soon-to-be-dead people."

Yeah the libs never do anything illegal or shady