• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I hate to say this

Ocangelfan

Even if Trout went on a tear in September (which he probably will) he can't win it because of the team he is on.

Of course he can. If he gets Mike Trout hot, then the Angels are probably going to the playoffs. Also he's a huge part of the reason the team is losing games right now. I don't expect him to be as good as he was in July, but if he's average Trout this month we wouldn't have nearly as many threads like this one.

Many years from now, people will look back at the history of our time, look at this comment from someone talking about a team Mike Trout played on and assume everyone from our time was really stupid.

Or at least one person. But in all honesty if they look at this board many years from now all they have to do to realize how idiotic we were is look at any game day thread ever.

mvp is out the door for trout this year...donaldson is just flat out getting shit done.  trout keeps watching that first pitch.  I thought last year he was going to switch it up in the playoffs when it mattered most...didn't happen then and won't happen now.  

toronto line up line up is just scary to pitch too....just a tad better then the angels

A tad? I take it you're being sarcastic unless you define tad as a ton.

Of course he can. If he gets Mike Trout hot, then the Angels are probably going to the playoffs. Also he's a huge part of the reason the team is losing games right now. I don't expect him to be as good as he was in July, but if he's average Trout this month we wouldn't have nearly as many threads like this one.

Yes if Trout and the rest of the team get their act together and win the division then Trout could win the MVP.

Also if my dog shits gold nuggets I can retire tomorrow.

Yes if Trout and the rest of the team get their act together and win the division then Trout could win the MVP.

The thing is, if you feed him small gold nuggets, he will surely shit them out.

trout is finished for MVP. One last hot streak won't help him.

Geez, you people are cranky.

Hard not to be when Arte Moreno has spent nearly $1B of our* money in the past 6 years with so much as winning one postseason game in that span, and by all appearances that does not seem to be changing anytime soon.

*In the same sense as the royal "we", e.g. saying "we" won when referring to the Angels. 

Edited by ScottLux

You really think they need to win the division for him to win the MVP? How bout if Toronto doesn't win their division do the Angels still have to win theirs?

You really think they need to win the division for him to win the MVP? How bout if Toronto doesn't win their division do the Angels still have to win theirs?

MVP award is traditionally given to the best offensive position player on team that makes the postseason. If there are no standout candidates on any postseason teams, then the award is given to whoever won the Cy Young award if the CYA winner is on a postseason team. Finally if none of those apply, then the best position player on a non postseason team is considered.

Edited by ScottLux

It doesn't matter. Donaldson will not have this atrocious of a slump

But Trout is easily capable of one hellu'va sexy ass hot streak. 

That being said it's Donaldson's award after we miss the playoffs and Trout demands a trade to the Yanks

Calhoun is a good player but he's hitting under .270. Not what I consider awesome. That's actually really good for this team. It's really sad that mediocre hitters look appealing to us.

It's slightly above league average.

But his overall package makes him a must start on most teams IMO. 

well two looks....one from trout knowing its over and the game is lost and the one from donaldson thinking mvp race is over as he crossed home plate on the 3run bomb...he leads all the catagories that trout did last year.   mike and alberts numbers are so stupid the past few weeks...you can't put that on sosh.

The media is already gearing up to give it to Donaldson, unless we make the playoffs, and he plays a major role in us going further than they do, he has virtually no shot.
Which is about the same as we do of having that happen so he will not get the mvp once again due to the failure of the team around him. 

The media is already gearing up to give it to Donaldson, unless we make the playoffs, and he plays a major role in us going further than they do, he has virtually no shot.

Which is about the same as we do of having that happen so he will not get the mvp once again due to the failure of the team around him.

Not true ... Donaldson gets it no matter how the team does.

man would have loved him in our line up....except for one thing...he would have died here like most other players that come from other teams to the angels.   i think all the players need to abstain from sex until the season is over and see if that will work....its incredible how bad they are playing.     the stats on mike and albert in august?  wow    

nice of the dodgers to do their part.    

if this continues over next week.....i will have to root for dodgers, nationals to fully miss playoffs   especially if angels miss it or wildcard it and go home after one game.

By the way, how are the dudes that Beane traded for Donaldson doing?

Imagine that dude in our lineup.

Actually, unlike a lot of Beane trades, he got  good value for Donaldson.

Brett Lawrie is only 25 and under club control until 2018. He is a bit of an A-hole but maybe that is what is needed in the clubhouse to get guys motivated. His stats didn't change moving to a pitchers park, he is still just a slap hitter which plays everywhere.

Kendall Graveman has been below league average but at 24 he has plenty of clock time to improve. Since the A's weren't contending this season they plopped him into the bottom of the rotation and let him learn on the job.

Sean Nolan is pitching extremely well in the PCL AAA. He is probably going to see time in September and then be another A's 3 era pitcher next season.

Frank Barreto is in A+ ball and is sporting a .820 OPS but it is South American hit to get on base batting. Not an outrageous amount of strkeouts but not enough walks to push his OBP more than 30 points above his average. So he is really Erick Aybar on the rise. It is a wait and see if pitching catches up with him in AA.

All in all the Angels didn't really have the package to trade for Donaldson even if the A's were receptive to a division rival offer.

Edited by notti