• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

As a cardinal fan I’m pretty excited 

as a usc fan I’m excited bc Helton is on borrowed time as is 

hopefully he’s fired mid season. 

Josh Rosen probably most excited.  Good for Kliff, I never begrudge anyone trying to better their lot in life. 

36 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Go on.  Gonna need you to flesh this out a bit since the top hats at HH can't find their asses with both hands

He did a very good job with the Bruins offense and his offense isn't all that different to what SC runs now so the transition wouldn't be tough.  He is currently working with the Rams, which is always good.

When Mora was fired, he was the only coach it sucked to lose, but Chip obviously has his own offense so they couldn't keep Fisch.

• 2 weeks later...

Report: Bru McCoy to transfer from USC

Karan GillJan 24 2019, 3:00 PM

Bru McCoy, the No. 27 ranked prospect in the 2019 class who made his commitment to USC public in January, has entered into the NCAA transfer portal, according to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman.

The No. 1 athlete was the Trojans' highest ranked recruit in the 2019 class.

More to come.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Report: Bru McCoy to transfer from USC

Karan GillJan 24 2019, 3:00 PM

Bru McCoy, the No. 27 ranked prospect in the 2019 class who made his commitment to USC public in January, has entered into the NCAA transfer portal, according to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman.

The No. 1 athlete was the Trojans' highest ranked recruit in the 2019 class.

More to come.

Yep. Headed to Austin.

I really don’t mind the dumpster fire

a newly renovated coliseum that will be empty. I didn’t re new my tickets

i can watch it burn from my house 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

what's this "mess" about the board of trustees I saw mentioned? 

is it related to the former professor who's suing the school because he was fired for complaining that his students' grades were changed without his knowledge?

This, all of this, stems back to Max Nikias, the former president, and the culture he allowed.  From what I can tell, his focus was on fundraising and building the endowment.  And the former Med School Dean who kept company with drug dealers and hookers was a tremendous fundraiser.  So, along with the campus gyno, it was the straw that broke the camel's back and Nikias was forced out by the BOT. 

Half the board supported Nikias, and felt it was a sign of disrespect Rick Caruso forced him out immediately instead of letting him stay on until a successor.  The interim president wanted to show a sign of force and basically fired the Business School Dean, a very popular professor and very successful Dean, under the guise that he allowed an environment of sexual harassment and racial discrimination/inequality.  The faculty, students and some trustees were furious as there was no evidence of misconduct, and he never had a chance to defend himself.  

The Chairman of the Board held a kangaroo court and basically forced the rest of the BOT to vote on the issue without seeing the independent report (which allegedly exonerated the dean) and pressing that the interim president has the authority to ask for a resignation without a reason. 

So now we have a pissing contest between rich white old men.  I hope they clean house.  We need a new president, who can hire their own AD, who can hire their own HC.  This is why Helton wasn't canned