• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

cecil the lion

It is pretty funny how much this guy is now hated. He might be hated more than any single person in America (maybe even the world) right now.

donald trump should send him a fruit basket with a note that simply says "thanks for taking the heat off of me for a few hours."

donald trump should send him a fruit basket with a note that simply says "thanks for taking the heat off of me for a few hours."

Donald Trump is probably going to sue him, and more than likely in his next speech say if he is elected president, he will revoke the dentists citizenship and give him to Zimbabwe.  Just to steal his thunder.  

If the lion didn't have a name, a cartoonish name at that, would there be a story? Hunting big game goes on every day across the world and most are legally bagged and tagged. I think the story is more about humanizing the kill to spark attention. Otherwise it's just another story that doesn't find its way out of local wildlife poaching reports.

Not a fan of big game hunting but so what, a lion was killed.  Thousands of animals are killed every day for various reasons and nobody bats an eye.  Humans are killed every day and nobody bats an eye.

Somehow this story was picked up by facebook and therefore everyone is outraged.

If the lion didn't have a name, a cartoonish name at that, would there be a story? Hunting big game goes on every day across the world and most are legally bagged and tagged. I think the story is more about humanizing the kill to spark attention. Otherwise it's just another story that doesn't find its way out of local wildlife poaching reports.

1. cecil was a national symbol. zimbabweans should probably be the most outraged about this death.

2. the lion was collared and being studied by researchers.

3. i think people are outraged over the 40 hour pursuit as much as anything, and this event shed light on how big game is sometimes killed.

4. we often cluster around stories that are different than the norm, and this story feeds that within us as a nation, which leads us to #5.

5. we need something new to be outraged about.

Somebody on my FB somehow managed to use this to go on a rant against Planned Parenthood. Needless to say, he was promptly blocked. Really makes you wonder about what kind of batshit crazy nonsense people have going on in their minds underneath the veneer we see every day.

My ultra republican cousin has been nonstop trying to tie abortions with Cecil the lion. My guess is Fox News has been making the correlation also because that's all she watches.

I'd like to hunt Ivanka if you know what I mean

My ultra republican cousin has been nonstop trying to tie abortions with Cecil the lion. My guess is Fox News has been making the correlation also because that's all she watches.

I think conservatives are asking why so much outrage over the lion but barely a mention of the Planned Parenthood butchery.

I'm still waiting for Nate to start screaming for tougher bow and arrow control laws.

A few years back I was hanging out with my cousin and his friend and they were just back from a hunting trip, they were after grizzly. I made the comment that was awful dangerous and it would be suicide if you did something stupid like try and take one down with a bow. Him and his friend looked at each other and grinned, that was how they were outfitted.

I looked at my cousin and said, "Were you breach birth with the umbilical cord around your neck? What kind of idiot uses a bow to piss off a grizzly, you can't out run them." 

He replies, "I know I can't but..." looks at his buddy, "he is slower so I should have a pretty good chance later of being the guy telling the story." All his friend does is shrug.

Need I say, Montanans?

Not a fan of big game hunting but so what, a lion was killed. Thousands of animals are killed every day for various reasons and nobody bats an eye. Humans are killed every day and nobody bats an eye.

Somehow this story was picked up by facebook and therefore everyone is outraged.

agreed.

Im not a hunter, cant see myself shooting an animal, but i guess i kind of get it. Again, its not for me, and think its kind of mean, but i guess i can understand the "thrill of the hunt".

That said, animals are killed daily, many ar epoached daily. Not sure why this story got so much pub. Lions are majestic, one of my favorite to watch on tv, but not sure this is much different than hunting a deer, catching a fish, etc.

Not a fan of big game hunting but so what, a lion was killed.  Thousands of animals are killed every day for various reasons and nobody bats an eye.  Humans are killed every day and nobody bats an eye.

Yep, that's all it really is, thanks for clarifying.  We now return to your regularly scheduled programming. 

agreed.

Im not a hunter, cant see myself shooting an animal, but i guess i kind of get it. Again, its not for me, and think its kind of mean, but i guess i can understand the "thrill of the hunt".

That said, animals are killed daily, many ar epoached daily. Not sure why this story got so much pub. Lions are majestic, one of my favorite to watch on tv, but not sure this is much different than hunting a deer, catching a fish, etc.

The outrage is over how the guy did it, he is a pussy. I killed one buck in my life.  Hiked up to 9,000 or so feet by the Big Pine Glacier and never slept more miserable praying for the sun to come up.  Shot it and dragged it back down the mountain. Yahoos in Texas want me to hunt where they climb into a man made structure, toss feed all around, get liquored up and start blasting away. I call them pussies. 

This guy could have done a legal hunt of a lion but his ego lured this particular lion toward him that was raised from a cub, not living out in the wild, he is a pussy, thus the outrage.  

1. cecil was a national symbol. zimbabweans should probably be the most outraged about this death.

The National symbol for Zimbabwe is a bird. It's on their coat of arms, Stamps, coin and worthless paper money.

Now if this guy had killed a Fish Eagle named Cecil he never would have left the country.