• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trades/trade deadline countdown thread

Proposed trade: Astros gets Kimbrel, Ross and Beniot. Padres get Marishnek, Carter, Michael Feliz, Fisher and Velasquez

This is what I heard but not sure how accurate this is

Holy crap Babe Carter finally out of the division? I'm in

Astros really depleting the farm with this move as well. Feliz, Fisher and Velasquez are some of their top prospects. They'd still have Appel left, though

I truly want the team to do something today, but I am skeptical that they will do anything that will generate any excitement. We will probably get a quality bullpen arm for little or no cost. You almost have to think that our reluctance to give up quality minor leaguers is more to do with how scarce they are in our system and less to do with Stoneman. The combination of Stoneman and the lack of talent in our system make it almost impossible to improve our team with the Prime guys that were dealt. So much for what everyone has been saying that young cost controlled players and high ceiling minor leaguers being the most valuable asset it baseball. When teams are giving up lots of them for 3 months of a starter tells me that that isn't true anymore.

MLB doesn't even mention the Angels acquisitions.

@MLB: Kazmir

Cueto

Clippard

Zobrist

Aramis

Tulo

Reyes

Papelbon

Moss

Soria

Price

Latos

Wood

Gomez

Leake

Hamels

Who's next!?! #MLBOnTheMove

That's because all of the above acquisitions are better than Victorino, Murphy, & DeJesus.

I truly want the team to do something today, but I am skeptical that they will do anything that will generate any excitement. We will probably get a quality bullpen arm for little or no cost. You almost have to think that our reluctance to give up quality minor leaguers is more to do with how scarce they are in our system and less to do with Stoneman. The combination of Stoneman and the lack of talent in our system make it almost impossible to improve our team with the Prime guys that were dealt. So much for what everyone has been saying that young cost controlled players and high ceiling minor leaguers being the most valuable asset it baseball. When teams are giving up lots of them for 3 months of a starter tells me that that isn't true anymore.

I think a bullpen arm is what they'll get. They just don't have the resources to pay for these big bats that are on the market. Cespedes apparently would have cost Newcomb and now they're trying to get Gausman from the Orioles for him

Reds are trying to fetch Zack Wheeler for Jay Bruce. Angels just need to stay the course right now. These other teams are in better position with to make bigger moves like this. Just the way it is.

"I like Murphy and think he will be a good pick up. I would have no problem with picking up Upton or Cespedes if they price isn't crazy"

If the price wasn't "crazy" they would be off the board already.

Unless the price drops considerably this afternoon, and/or their GM's just want to clear them out, they are probably staying put and moved in the off season.

This is where having an "interim" GM hurts. Nobody cares about having to deal with Stoneman in the future, so he isn't going to get any favors.

Edited by Homebrewer