• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trades/trade deadline countdown thread

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 8m8 minutes ago

Getting strong indications that #Angels will be able to make trade without giving up top P prospect Sean Newcomb. May limit options tho.

Good. No reason to trade Newcomb. The offense had been a huge issue for much of the year but they are starting to score a lot more runs over the past 1.5 months. Don't need any saviors, just some solid players to help lengthen the lineup. A left handed bat for DH who can platoon with Cron and then literally any other LF option would be an upgrade over what they've gotten

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 8m8 minutes ago

Getting strong indications that #Angels will be able to make trade without giving up top P prospect Sean Newcomb. May limit options tho.

Good. No reason to trade Newcomb. The offense had been a huge issue for much of the year but they are starting to score a lot more runs over the past 1.5 months. Don't need any saviors, just some solid players to help lengthen the lineup. A left handed bat for DH who can platoon with Cron and then literally any other LF option would be an upgrade over what they've gotten

Probably means Coghlan or Murphy.....maybe Parra or Bruce but it would take a couple of good prospects not named Newcomb there....or a prospect and somebody on the big league roster...

8:04pm: The Astros are “making [a] big push” to add Hamels even after nabbing rental starter Scott Kazmir, Crasnick tweets.

Good. I hope they blow their entire farm system up.

... just to not make the post season. There's a lot of games left and the Stros could take a dive and easily have a team get hot and pass them by like Toronto, Baltimore, TB, or the Tigers. We've all seen stranger things.

Don't worry guiiiiiiise! Victorino destroys lefties!

But seriously, Stros get Hamels and it's WC or bust for us!

Kuechel and Hamels for the next couple years and all of sudden they're here to stay. If we get knocked out early or miss the playoffs, I'll probably root for them, hate KC and NY.

Edited by CanadianHalo

@JonHeymanCBS: parra market: angels, mets, Orioles and a mystery team. gomez may not go anywhere.#crew http://t.co/xptP4kwWEh

If we would've traded for Parra when I suggested it back in May we would've save a prospect or two. Out of the names Parra, Revere, Bruce and Murphy, I'd like to see us get Parra I guess. But we're still left with a hole in the middle of the order and with Pujols' inability to drive in runners this is something that actually needs to be addressed. Please just say no to Jay Bruce, Angels!

Won't lie, part of me wants to see the Angels swoop in and get Hamels. Rangers and Dodgers the heavy favorites for him....now the Astros trying for him. Trade Santiago in the deal to get Hamels

Angels then flip CJ to the Dodgers(after trading for the pitcher they wanted) to get Ethier

• The Angels are also still looking at left-handed hitting outfielders after adding Victorino, and Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets that Jay Bruce (Reds), David Murphy (Indians), and Ben Revere (Phillies) are all still on their radar.
  • Gerardo Parra of the Brewers is also a player that the Angels are interested in, per Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (via Twitter). Heyman breaks down his market, citing the Mets and Orioles as prime suitors (along with the Halos) for the left-handed hitter. There’s also a classic mystery team involved, per the report.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/outfield-market-notes-maybin-reddick-mets-angels-parra-gomez.html

Won't lie, part of me wants to see the Angels swoop in and get Hamels. Rangers and Dodgers the heavy favorites for him....now the Astros trying for him. Trade Santiago in the deal to get Hamels

Angels then flip CJ to the Dodgers(after trading for the pitcher they wanted) to get Ethier

Angels can't afford another bad contract. They already have Hamilton and Pujols (despite what he's doing this year he's a huge chunk), with Trout coming on another big dollar deal. One year longer or not, Ethier is the type of contract that will limit our options. 

Wish people would stop with this Ethier nonsense.

@BNightengale: The #Dodgers have let teams know that Yasiel Puig is available in the right deal, but teams showing much more interest in their prospects.

Newcomb, Tropeano, Ellis, Rhoades and Smith for Puig

Lol, Jesus Christ, no! Newcomb and maybe a secondary prospect for Puig is as high as I'd go.

His numbers from last year into this year with injuries factored in leave little to be desired. He can't stay healthy and when he is healthy he hasn't been that productive. I honestly question if he's even 24. All of that with the attitude? No thank you.

Two years ago he was all the rage in doyer land. Now the reports say he may be available? You don't fall that far from grace that fast if you really are something special.