• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Iran, world powers reach landmark nuclear agreement

Certainly would consider this a better deal than the last arms related deal with had with the Iranians back in the 80's.

Will be interesting to see a measured analysis of the deal. I understand most of the Republicans think it's the end of the world...though I'm not sure the neocon wing of the Republican party should even be invited to the table...the more folks like Lindsey Graham, Tom Cotton, and Bill Kristol hate it...the more I'm inclined to like it.

I think the key will be how is it enforced. If the Iranians try pushing their luck, block access, etc...how quickly does the hammer come back down on them.

An arms race in the Middle East is ****ing stupid...stupid as all get out. 

That is the point though red.  This deal draws a line in the sand that we know Iran will cross.  Unfortunately, the U.S. has no desire to take the steps truly necessary when the line is crossed. 

It is all smoke and mirrors.  I do think the threat of Israel bombing Iran has increased a lot now though.

That is the point though red.  This deal draws a line in the sand that we know Iran will cross.  Unfortunately, the U.S. has no desire to take the steps truly necessary when the line is crossed. 

It is all smoke and mirrors.  I do think the threat of Israel bombing Iran has increased a lot now though.

You have no idea if they'll cross it MT. Would you rather have just gone straight to bomb Iran (without the support of other countries outside of Israel) and create another Iraq?

The people who are yelling the most about this deal (the neocon crowd)...were so abysmally wrong about Iraq that they should never...EVER...be allowed to participate in our national security dialogue again. People who are so willing to send other parent's kids to die scare me.

So, you remove them from the equation and see what the non war hawk crowd says. 

If history has shown anything, it is that those lines pretty much always get crossed.  No country wants others dictating what it can and cannot do.

The last two decades have shown us that the amercian people have zero inclination to do battle with Iran if the line is crossed.

I also belive that we are going to lose some of our clout with Saudi Arabia and Israel. 

You have no idea if they'll cross it MT. Would you rather have just gone straight to bomb Iran (without the support of other countries outside of Israel) and create another Iraq?

The people who are yelling the most about this deal (the neocon crowd)...were so abysmally wrong about Iraq that they should never...EVER...be allowed to participate in our national security dialogue again. People who are so willing to send other parent's kids to die scare me.

So, you remove them from the equation and see what the non war hawk crowd says. 

What do these lines even have to do with anything?

I don't want to bomb anyone, I just think this deal is an exercise in futility that really only serves to piss off our two biggest allies in the Middle East.

Because right now what you hear is the neo-con crowds...the clowns who sold everyone on the Iraq war...chiming in about what a bad deal this is. We've seen what their expertise as wrought. They more they well and scream about it, the more I tend to think the deal is a good one.

So, rather than rush to judgement I think it will be interesting to see what others who might disagree with the arrangement have to say and why they disagree. 

Because right now what you hear is the neo-con crowds...the clowns who sold everyone on the Iraq war...chiming in about what a bad deal this is. We've seen what their expertise as wrought. They more they well and scream about it, the more I tend to think the deal is a good one.

So, rather than rush to judgement I think it will be interesting to see what others who might disagree with the arrangement have to say and why they disagree. 

you mean like our future president?

The problem with sanctions is that they only really hurt the normal citizens.  The politicians and elite still have whatever they want.

It also generates even more hate for the west and the US.  To them, we are the reason they are poor and oppressed.  They lack the education to know that their leaders are the ones doing it to them.

I don't really have a solution though.

yes, like Hillary Clinton...who I believe has also come out and said her vote was a mistake unlike her most likely opponent Jeb!

You choose to believe it is a heartfelt admission, I'll choose to believe she put her finger to the wind (just like she did when she voted to invade Iraq) and figured out which way it was blowing.

and the only one of those two that actually had the ability to vote yeah or nay was Clinton. 

Edited by mtangelsfan

There's a good probability that is the case MT. Though I will say that anyone running for office who says they would still do what we did...knowing what we know now...well, you have to wonder about them.

Politicians stances evolve, sometimes due to additional information, sometimes due to life experience, and lots of time...due to polls. While we all agree it's nice to have a politician do what they say they are going to do...at the same time I think it's beneficial to be constantly evaluate new information and identifying if you are on the right course. We have a saying in martial arts...a plan is only as good as the first punch to the face

I have to wonder if you would give the same benefit of the doubt to someone who didn't hold the same basic political ideaology as you red.

Regardless, don't ever threaten to punch me in the face again.

:)