• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Iran, world powers reach landmark nuclear agreement

This is a third world country.  Most of these people don't have tv and the ones that do get state run TV.  Internet is censored etc.  These are farmers and regular folk.  They get a few years of school then go tend to the farms.

I don't even know what Jay is talking about.

Man they pack those farmers in tight.

tehran-skyline-1.jpg

So what about not having a deal was preventing Iran from getting nuclear weapons? The sanctions didn't seem to be preventing anything. Neither did the lack of inspections. At least now they have a chance to prove everybody right or wrong about their intentions.

And don;t we have a few shining examples of what happens when we destabilize governments?

Because now they're going to have nuclear weapons and a lot of money. Destabilizing bad governments is a good idea.

Edited by Juan Savage

when has our meddling been helpful?  Your argument seems to be "we've been screwing up by meddling, but since that is what we've always done, we should keep doing it"

You don't usually do this, mt, but you've gone full blown strawman on me.

What would happen if Obama or the next president or the president after that proposed that we stay out of the affairs in the Middle East? No more sending money to Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc. What would Congress do? I like your idea but it's not realistic. All due respect, your "solution" is an idea that would never be applied in this day in age.

Man they pack those farmers in tight.

tehran-skyline-1.jpg

Its easier to stereotype middle easterners/muslims as ?primitive" and "third world" people

Its makes Americans feel they are better and more intelligent/advanced people, and makes eradicating and condemning "savages" much easier to swallow and justify.

This has been going on for centuries

How are they going to get nuclear weapons? Which government destabilization was the best in your mind? Iraq? Syria? Libya?

I think destabilizing the Soviet Union was good as was any effort to disrupt communism in general. Iraq was OK until we left. We didn't destabilize Syria or Libya so I don't know what you're talking about.

According to the deal, Iran can circumvent inspections.

Edited by Juan Savage

You don't usually do this, mt, but you've gone full blown strawman on me.

What would happen if Obama or the next president or the president after that proposed that we stay out of the affairs in the Middle East? No more sending money to Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc. What would Congress do? I like your idea but it's not realistic. All due respect, your "solution" is an idea that would never be applied in this day in age.

1.  Our meddling pretty much always screws things up.  2.  We should stop meddling.

I don't see the strawman there.  This "deal" is still the west telling some country what it can and cannot do.

Nobody answered my question. My feeling is this. Leftists don't really care if Iran has nuclear weapons. They feel that the US and/or it's allies shouldn't have a monopoly on power (hegemony, bad) and that third world countries should rule themselves. Leftists think the effort to control Iran is mainly to benefit the lefty bogeyman of the moment, Israel.

Everyone cares if other countries have a nuclear weapon.  If you paid attention at all you would know that.

The narrative of this deal is that it allows oversight on their program.

India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons already.  Why don't you care?

Many of you are very simplistic when it comes to intervention.

American intervention has been mostly good. Just since WWII, it helped Western Europe and other countries avoid communist enslavement. I wish it would have taken out Chavez in Venezuela and Castro in Cuba. I wish it would have preserved a free South Vietnam.

In the Middle East, it gave Iraq and Afghanistan a chance at democracy and has helped our ally and only free country in the region, Israel, a chance to survive.

This is a third world country.  Most of these people don't have tv and the ones that do get state run TV.  Internet is censored etc.  These are farmers and regular folk.  They get a few years of school then go tend to the farms.

Tobias Funke wants stats on this.

Everyone cares if other countries have a nuclear weapon.  If you paid attention at all you would know that.

The narrative of this deal is that it allows oversight on their program.

India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons already.  Why don't you care?

India and Pakistan already have nuclear weapons and neither of them have an active terror campaign in the middle east and against our soldiers.

People are upset at this deal because it the verification mechanism is a joke that requires Iranian, Chinese, and Russian approval and it leaves Iran (if they don't decide to cheat) with enough capacity to build a nuclear weapon.

If you want to prevent an Iranian nuclear bomb, this deal is bad, which is why I question the motives of people who support it.