• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto was the problem

I would say good post however i believe the power struggle between Scioscia and Dipoto may be exaggerated. You shouldn't quit because you manager doesn't use your analytics enough. However there has been speculation that Moreno overruled JD on Purjols and Hamilton. It also appears that JD was going to welcome Hamilton back than forced to trade him to Texas. I can see Moreno tying his hands more of a reason to step down.

I do agree too much statistics gets an athlete to think too much. So you maybe right on that pary. But it's only been three games since he resigned.it just maybe a coincidence that we hit well after he left.

Dipoto was the problem in my opinion. I had no problems with his trades (win some lose some) and would of like him to stay with the team.

He knew that MS was field manager and entrenched knee deep with the organization. I think Dipoto's ego as a young gun got the better of him. Personally, I believe there was a lack of respect for MS experience in the game.

All indications are that MS uses scouting reports in games and has been for years. There is a lot of information out there in today's game. It's possible he may not be utilizing all it ... just what he deems useful. Sometimes you can give a player too much to think about ... information overload can be counter productive. If you give a player too much to think about then it no longer becomes fun and gets complicated. Keep it simple.

Jerry I wish you didn't leave but you can't get in the way of the fat man doing is job. The fat man is going to be in the HOF someday ... hopefully as a Angel. Jerry you were never hired to be his boss but his equal. Too bad he had to find out the hard way.

I'm sure most of you don't agree with my opinion but that's my opinion .

Dipoto was the problem in my opinion. I had no problems with his trades (win some lose some) and would of like him to stay with the team.

He knew that MS was field manager and entrenched knee deep with the organization. I think Dipoto's ego as a young gun got the better of him. Personally, I believe there was a lack of respect for MS experience in the game.

All indications are that MS uses scouting reports in games and has been for years. There is a lot of information out there in today's game. It's possible he may not be utilizing all it ... just what he deems useful. Sometimes you can give a player too much to think about ... information overload can be counter productive. If you give a player too much to think about then it no longer becomes fun and gets complicated. Keep it simple.

Jerry I wish you didn't leave but you can't get in the way of the fat man doing is job. The fat man is going to be in the HOF someday ... hopefully as a Angel. Jerry you were never hired to be his boss but his equal. Too bad you had to find out the hard way.

I'm sure most of you don't agree with my opinion but that's my opinion .

I agreed with this 100%

I would say good post however i believe the power struggle between Scioscia and Dipoto may be exaggerated. You shouldn't quit because you manager doesn't use your analytics enough. However there has been speculation that Moreno overruled JD on Purjols and Hamilton. It also appears that JD was going to welcome Hamilton back than forced to trade him to Texas. I can see Moreno tying his hands more of a reason to step down.

I do agree too much statistics gets an athlete to think too much. So you maybe right on that pary. But it's only been three games since he resigned.it just maybe a coincidence that we hit well after he left.

These last fews wins had more to do with poor pitching by Texas. Although, one could say there is less tension in the clubhouse. This is a good thing. Edited by Troll Daddy

Scioscia has always used plenty of stats.  What do you think is in that mound of books sitting in front of him every night?  Did you think that was a copy of "How To Win Friends and Influence People."

101 Lasagna Recipes -- Forward by Garfield.   

It was a NYTimes Best Seller.