• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Team Dipoto

I prefer Dipoto to Scioscia.

My main beef with Dipoto was the offense side of things. But at least give him a couple of years to get that under control.

Scioscia has been here too long. He needs to go Fred Flintstone, and drive his dinosaur back to the San Fernando Valley and turn over the reigns to a modern analytics guy.

The thing I like about Dipoto is that he not only took a Billy Beane approach (using statistics) to assembling a team, but he also took into account scouting (a player's physical and mental makeup).  

My problem with Scioscia is he doesn't use statistics.  He runs his team primarily on loyalty.  His loyalty to his veterans and coaches  is so extreme that it has hurt this team and caused our frustrated GM to leave.  If Scioscia used statistics he would realize that his team is overly aggressive on the basepaths and that bunting is generally non effective.     

Edited by Dreams

I prefer Dipoto to Scioscia.

My main beef with Dipoto was the offense side of things. But at least give him a couple of years to get that under control.

Scioscia has been here too long. He needs to go Fred Flintstone, and drive his dinosaur back to the San Fernando Valley and turn over the reigns to a modern analytics guy.

it's hard to place blame for anything on the field at dipoto's feet when the entire foundation of this organization is that the policies and practices that the FO want to employ are not being employed. it's absolutely mind-bottling to me that this kind of stuff happens at this level of business. i've worked in and around big business for years and no matter how many times i've seen things like this, it still never ceases to amaze me that it happens. my disappointment is not that it exists, but it exists in an organization that i care about. it's always been a point in my life not to associate with ignorance and "bad" guys. i really don't like what this says about arte and scioscia as human beings, not just baseball men. i find it difficult to blame or even judge dipoto's service time because i have no idea what would have happened had the "boss" been able to run the organization as he was supposedly hired to do. i am just flabbergasted at the dysfunction that arte breeds and scioscia so clearly covets.

Edited by ukyah

It was always going to be Dipoto.

Scioscia is one of the most well respected managers in baseball and his players (with the exception of a few bad apples over the years) know that and would bend over backwards for him. 

The decision was made from the start. Jerry didn't want to stay. He knew it. 

Edited by laagamer