• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cron Recalled

I keep fooling myself every time I think Cron can become the hitter we've seen in Salt Lake and Spring Training. It's fools gold, though. Everyone in Salt Lake are crushing the ball, and I suspect that's due to the PCL being a hitter's league (Even Cowart is hitting .308). 

The reality is that Cron will continue struggling in the big leagues, and won't ever become the hitter we want him to become. 

I'd love to be wrong, though. Gaining a power hitter in the lineup would make the Angels 1-2 acquisitions away from becoming a great team.

Edited by failos

Cron had an OPS+ of 111 in 253 PA in 79 games last year. He's looked terrible during this year's regular season but it would be jumping to conclusions to say that he has no potential. It's not like the Angels are tearing it up at the DH spot. Might as well give him another try, IMO. 

Just have Cron (lefties) and Joyce (righties) share DH, which leaves LF to be upgraded with a defense/SBs first guy. 

And feel free to never, eeever start them in the field.

Navarro has 1B tied down, when Pujols DHs.

joyce needs to go. He's been consistent .180 against all comers. isn't replacement level better than that?

Has there been a prospect that AngelsWin has given up on quicker than CJ Cron? I think he is universally disliked on here. He had a solid rookie season where he hit 11 homers, and batted over .250 in about 250 at bats. Obviously he has things that limit him, mainly his inability to take a walk. But if he put up those numbers this year he would be our third best hitter.

Cron had an .870 ops thru his first 150 pa last year.  33k/6bb.  

Then, for his next 100 pa he had a .528 ops with 28k/4bb.

In the last calendar year he's had 239 pa .207/.243/.295 with a -1.5 WAR.  

At SLC this year 1.014 ops with 4bb in near 100pa

If a pitcher throws him anything even remotely close to the strike zone, they are the dumbest pitcher in the history of baseball.  

Edited by Dochalo

Has there been a prospect that AngelsWin has given up on quicker than CJ Cron? I think he is universally disliked on here. He had a solid rookie season where he hit 11 homers, and batted over .250 in about 250 at bats. Obviously he has things that limit him, mainly his inability to take a walk. But if he put up those numbers this year he would be our third best hitter.

I agree. The guy jumped up to the majors quickly with little to no time in AAA due to a team need and has had a trial by fire. Not everybody can be like Trout and take to that major league level like a fish to water. Bad pun intended.