• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

How about this argument: Two consenting adults that want to be married can be married. End of story.

How about just consenting adults?  Why does there have to be a number attached to it?

Serious question, by the way.  What's the legal issue with people (men or women) wanting to have multiple partners/spouses?  The government should stay out of it.

Despite the claims that church attendance does not improve the risk of divorce for Christians, a report in USA Today cites a sociologist who says the numbers depend on what kind of Christians are being discussed. When University of Connecticut sociologist and author, Bradley Wright looked at divorce statistics for evangelical Christians, he says the numbers show church attendance has a big influence on the overall rate of divorce. Wright pointed to the National Survey of Families and Households and found that Americans who attend religious services at least twice a month were one third less likely to get divorced than those with no religious affiliation whose divorce rate is the same as the national average at around 50%. When Wright looked at the General Social Survey conducted by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago, he found that adherents of religions including Christianity have a divorce rate that is 8% lower than the national average at about 42%.

What a complete ****ing joke. There is not a single person here that takes you seriously. So you're either the worlds worst troll (sorry troll daddy), or you are truly an isolated person with zero social value.

Many conservatives favor an explanation focusing on lifestyle differences, such as marriage and faith. They note that most conservatives are married; most liberals are not. (The percentages are 53 percent to 33 percent, according to my calculations using data from the 2004 General Social Survey, and almost none of the gap is due to the fact that liberals tend to be younger than conservatives.) Marriage and happiness go together. If two people are demographically the same but one is married and the other is not, the married person will be 18 percentage points more likely to say he or she is very happy than the unmarried person.

If you're a man, you'll apologize for being wrong and insulting me due to your ignorance. As I said before, marriage as an idea isn't a big deal with liberals. They may love their wife or husband, in Stradling's case, but it's not a huge deal. 

How about just consenting adults?  Why does there have to be a number attached to it?

Serious question, by the way.  What's the legal issue with people (men or women) wanting to have multiple partners/spouses?  The government should stay out of it.

I've had this discussion a few times. What we always get stuck on is the likelihood that the welfare of the children will become the interstate commerce clause of the civil union world and invite the feds to dive in nose first.

I've had this discussion a few times. What we always get stuck on is the likelihood that the welfare of the children will become the interstate commerce clause of the civil union world and invite the feds to dive in nose first.

What do children have to do with marriage? Marriage is about love. 

If you're a man, you'll apologize for being wrong and insulting me due to your ignorance. As I said before, marriage as an idea isn't a big deal with liberals. They may love their wife or husband, in Stradling's case, but it's not a huge deal. 

The fact that liberals generally don't take marriage seriously is why they don't care about changing it. 

These are the facts:

Conservatives are more likely to be married and stay married longer if you look at factors like church attendance and party affiliation.

Conservative states marry more and divorce more. Liberals take the latter factor to essentially lie. If you take factors like education into account, even the divorce rate is dubious.

As a rule, I don't say things unless they're true, lest I look as foolish as Stradling.

I remember when I was young we had a family friend who got married when she was 15.  Her husband was 24.  Concerns about the welfare of children shouldn't have anything to do with sexual orientation of people getting married, or the number of people that are choosing to be in a married relationship.  

There are still people in the country that are forced into monogamous planned marriages.  Even though I think that's wrong, I don't think we should ban the practice of monogamous marriages because of it. 

Juan lookin up the stats this morning and firing them out there.  I have a stat that will hit 100%.  He will keep it up more than just Juan more time. 

Yes, I too have observed similar behavior with this specimen. 

It appears he will emerge from his cave with some cherry picked stats, fire them off for several hours, and retreat.  He'll sometimes engage in conversations with himself, in the form of responding to his own posts, which may indicate some form of schizophrenia with the specimen.

Juan lookin up the stats this morning and firing them out there.  I have a stat that will hit 100%.  He will keep it up more than just Juan more time. 

You will not. You will have a liberal pressure group trying to lie. It won't work on me because I know what I'm talking about. 

What's funny is that people say things and then go look it up. Why don't you know what you're talking about before opening your mouth?

6. Republicans are significantly more likely to be married than the U.S. population as a whole, as was true in 2008. The percentage of adults in the U.S. population who are married has dropped since 2008, as has the percentage of Republicans who are married, but each by a similar amount.

ohv3xliroew4oplrxy4hcg.gif

And that's just against all adults. Imagine against anti-marriage, co-habitating, "just a piece of paper," anti-square liberals. 

Ha, you ignorant idiot. That's not even the whole story. As you probably don't know because my guess is you're stupid, there are liberals in conservative states and vice versa. If you go by factors such as Church attendance, the difference is even more stark.

I'm the idiot when you paint with such a broad brush that you alienate yourself from everyone, ok smart guy. Hey all you liberals that got married, you probably just did it for shits and giggles and not because it was important. Well now that "Love Wins" you can find marriage important. I'll be stupid and you can continue to be a complete ****ing tool.

You will not. You will have a liberal pressure group trying to lie. It won't work on me because I know what I'm talking about. 

What's funny is that people say things and then go look it up. Why don't you know what you're talking about before opening your mouth?

This is great.  I made a statement about you but should have looked it up before opening my mouth.  I will gladly look up where you came from if you just show me where. 

I remember when I was young we had a family friend who got married when she was 15.  Her husband was 24.  Concerns about the welfare of children shouldn't have anything to do with sexual orientation of people getting married, or the number of people that are choosing to be in a married relationship.  

There are still people in the country that are forced into monogamous planned marriages.  Even though I think that's wrong, I don't think we should ban the practice of monogamous marriages because of it. 

I agree it shouldn't. We just assume that it's an easy in for them to butt into everything.

So the percentage of Republicans getting married is declining fast than the national average.  Interesting.  I wonder what republicans have against marriage? 

We must use caution when addressing the specimen, as questions that challenge the previously mentioned "cherry picked statistics" could cause him to retreat to his shelter (which we will assume at this point is a cave)

Though we know little about neanderthalensis modernus, I think we can infer based on his ability to use the internet that he is probably aware of fire and simple tools.  Questioning his statistics could anger the specimen and could result in him using his newly found fire and tools to harm himself, or others.

That's funny since this new mandate came from 5 ivy league lawyers.

1.The declaration of human rights had a strong Christian influence.

2. What was the influence from Muslim and Asian nations? We can have a worldwide vote on marriage if you want.

3.one of the rights in the document is the right of children, as much as possible, to live with their two parents,

which is always a mother and father.

You miss the point. I'm not saying that all religions should be involved in any decision, but that laws should be made with universal merit and applicability in mind.

As for the last, I know many people whose step parents are their "real" parents. What is most important, in my mind, is not the right to live with your biological parents, but with adults that love you and care for you as their child.

As for your stuff on marriage, another thing to keep in mind is that sometimes divorce is preferable to staying married and unhappy, or in an abusive situation.

I agree - again, as long as we're talking consenting + adults.