• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Erick Aybar Leadoff

Blarg

Is this in response to "we are too talented to be in 3rd place," ? Because if you honestly dont believe that I dont know what to tell you. Look around baseball and get an idea for what kind of competition were facing. We have the best player in the world, a gold glove 1st basemen who is playing like a bonafide superstar this season, a pretty good 3rd wheel in Calhoun, and some other decent complimentary pieces. As a SS Aybar is right up there with the best of them offensively, although hes not a leadoff hitter. Then we have a shut down back end of the bullpen.

Im not sure how much more talent you think we can assemble on this team. It has some flaws but EVERY team in baseball has flaws. It doesnt help that we are 26th in stolen base % due in large part to horrible management and completely dumb hit and run calls. But you go ahead and stick to your opinion. Im sure we just need a couple more all stars and maybe another ace or two and then just maybe we might have a talented team.

No this is the asinine belief that another manager has this team with these holes in first place. No team speed, no depth, no left handed power, no true lead off hitter, no true DH, no defense at third, no offense or defense in LF, Aybar being Aybar, Weaver losing his battle with Father Time and two reliable arms in the pen, and you blame it all on Sosh. Edited by Stradling

Are you guys honestly still worried about Aybar leading off?

Omg

I know I shouldn't respond to this given who said it, but other members have had similar complaints in different threads, which amazes me. You know what a thread is about, this site has a feature that allows you to see new posts in a thread, yet people still click on that thread and say something like this. The internet is a crazy, wonderful place.

Aybar was actually credited with a hit tonight but he managed to turn it into an inning ending base running **** up. With Trout on deck he erases not only himself but the runner on third with the best player on the team ready to take the batters box. He has committed multiple fielding errors in the last couple games coupled with incompetence as the leadoff hitter, he needs a couple nights off then return not in that role. Nowhere near that role. 

That was the other nice thing about Calhoun hitting leadoff, he was one of the only players on this team that is competent on the bases. Aybar now has 6 outs on the bases this year (excludes CS and pickoffs). His previously career high is 8 (3x), which is remarkable since it seems like its double that amount every year.

No this is the asinine belief that another manager has this team with these holes in first place. No team speed, no depth, no left handed power, no true lead off hitter, no true DH, no defense at third, no offense or defense in LF, Aybar being Aybar, Weaver losing his battle with Father Time and two reliable arms in the pen, and you blame it all on Sosh.

You mentioned all the things we dont have. What about all the things we do have? The Rangers dont have a duo like Trout and Albert, and they dont have an ace like Richards. Explain to me how we are behind them? This team is too talented to be in 3rd.

“The specific batting order generally doesn’t make that much difference as long as you have your good players at the top and bad players at the bottom,” Lichtman said this week.

Right now we have a guy at the very top of the order who doesn't get on base very well and when he does, he's equally prone to make a baserunning blunder as he is to do something outstanding.

Man does this team ever need a LF that could hit lead off or clean up.

I've been an Aybar fan for a long time but this year he seems to be trying to do too much, as if he feels like he always has to make something happen.  That's why I want a buffer (Calhoun) between Aybar and Trout.  Put Aybar back at 9th and Kole leading off.  Kole seems to be a better baserunner in that he's gonna stay on base for Trout.  

The Twins' Aaron Hicks just went on the DL two days ago, and super prospect Byron Buxton was called up to start.

If Buxton kicks arse these next 15 days, and Hicks is healthy by then, I smell a trade partner (for Hicks to take LF here).

Edited by Angel Oracle

The Twins' Aaron Hicks just went on the DL two days ago, and super prospect Byron Buxton was called up to start.

If Buxton kicks arse these next 15 days, and Hicks is healthy by then, I smell a trade partner (for Hicks to take LF here).

Aaron Hicks MLB career .209/.293/.311/.604.

Fits right in with Joyce and Inaetta.

Hicks, unlike many on this team, has shown past plate discipline (60 BBs in 463 MLB at bats for 2013-14).

This season it is down, but the BA is up somewhat significantly.

And Hicks would likely require less to go to the Twins, than if acquiring Revere, not to mention salary.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Hicks, unlike many on this team, has shown past plate discipline (60 BBs in 463 MLB at bats for 2013-14).

This season it is down, but the BA is up somewhat significantly.

And Hicks would likely require less to go to the Twins, than if acquiring Revere, not to mention salary.

He is a freaking 67 OPS+ player. That's Matt Joyce, the guy we are trying to replace!