• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mang...

Much like Mang at the plate. LOB

Yep, looks bleak - start building for 2016.  A couple of more weeks and we get to see some of what's in the system that can help next year.  I hope we see Cowart.

Edited by tomsred

Albert showing why the team desperately needs to find another option to hit next to Trout going forward. Albert isn't that option and is only going to get worse year after year. Dude has just killed so many scoring chances on an offense that is starving for runs. What's he hitting with RISP? Is it over .200?

Yep, looks bleak - start building for 2016.  A couple of more weeks and we get to see some of what's in the system that can help next year.  I hope we see Cowart.

They'd have to make a move to put him on the 40-Man roster first. They'll also have to create room when Cowgill is activated. One would think they would have dropped Joyce by now, but given that they haven't already, it doesn't look like they're going to. So to have both Cowgill and Cowart on the roster in September, they'd have to clear two spaces.

They'd have to make a move to put him on the 40-Man roster first. They'll also have to create room when Cowgill is activated. One would think they would have dropped Joyce by now, but given that they haven't already, it doesn't look like they're going to. So to have both Cowgill and Cowart on the roster in September, they'd have to clear two spaces.

Joyce must have got a copy of the key to Jeff Mathis's safety deposit box :(

My point was still valid to explain why he was not released well before the All Star break.

Because most teams don't throw away players after three awful months that have the track record of being solid major league players. Especially if that player isn't advanced in years.

Joyce must have got a copy of the key to Jeff Mathis's safety deposit box :(

I get it that Joyce didn't perform, I also get that we are two weeks away from September 1st and rosters expand without limit.  We also pay this guy serious jack, I think it's logical to have him sit on the bench in case someone is hurt, or you play an18 inning game and need a filler, or you want to try him in certain situations with a new approach.  There is nothing to lose at this point.  He's not going to poison anyone.  And as far as releasing him after a couple of months, I agree with Stradling's point, with the addition that losing Hamilton left us without virtually anyone who could play LF with some regular experience.

Edited by tomsred

• 3 weeks later...

His 9th inning AB looked like it was an AL pitcher who hadn't batted since middle school.

WTF Albert?

(And an honorable mention for shittery Trout)

Big difference between Albert and Trout tonight.  Albert at least went 3-5 with a double.  Trout 0-5, 3 K's.