• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vintage Albert

First time since Albert has been an Angel, I witnessed an at bat that truly shows his stuff.  With the count 3-1, Albert thought he got a pitch out of the strike zone, but was rung up for a strike.

He got back into the box and drove the 3-2 pitch out of the park.  As an Angel player, I've seen him take a pitch like that, roll over on it, and ground out....but not last night.  

That was a vintage Albert at bat...one of a kind player, future Hall of Famer.  

Yeah, maybe Albert will never be the great, consistant hitter for us as he was for the Cards.  But hey---we are truly blessed as Angels fans to be able to watch Albert Pujols and Mike Trout take the field every night and do some great things!  

Hopefully Albert will continue on this roll and have a great season for us!

Go Halos!!!!  

I still wish hed hang it up early, but one thing ill say (and people inside say) is that you cant knock the guy for trying. Hes plays hurt, shows up early, stresses his at bats etc etc. Hes a victim of age, but he tries as hard as anyone to stay at the top.

He'll probably never get as much credit as he deserved for 2013....

I literally only have two gripes about Albert. One, he doesn't work the count like he once did. Two, he absolutely needs to hit the ball through the right side when they over shift and pitch him middle-out. All the other stuff I read on here is fan butthurt.

Edited by Stradling

I still wish hed hang it up early, but one thing ill say (and people inside say) is that you cant knock the guy for trying. Hes plays hurt, shows up early, stresses his at bats etc etc. Hes a victim of age, but he tries as hard as anyone to stay at the top.

He'll probably never get as much credit as he deserved for 2013....

2013?

I literally only have two gripes about Albert. One, he doesn't work the count like he once did. Two, he absolutely needs to hit the ball through the right side when they over shift and pitch him middle-out. All the other stuff I read on here is fan butthurt.

Is it fan butthurt to be frustrated about an albatross contract--one of the worst in baseball history--for a former star that is in decline, age 35, and is still owed $165 million on six more years on his contract? To be frustrated that Albert has experienced a historic collapse, one only rarely--if ever experienced--by a player of his former caliber? If so, call me butthurt.

Edited by Angelsjunky

2013?

Is it fan butthurt to be frustrated about an albatross contract--one of the worst in baseball history--for a former star that is in decline, age 35, and is still owed $165 million on six more years on his contract? To be frustrated that Albert has experienced a historic collapse, one only rarely--if ever experienced--by a player of his former caliber? If so, call me butthurt.

It absolutely is butthurt if you blame the player for his contract, when that player plays hurt, gives 100%, is a positive role model for the team, still plays a great first base. Like I said if he pushed the ball to right more often I'd be happy. If it comes out that he's a few years older then I would consider it a breach of contract and I would have a real issue with it.

I've stopped hating on Albert. I remember when we signed him and someone posted a "How many championships will we win with Albert Pujols" thread. As Angels fans we had very high expectations and we should've already attended a couple of parades by now. After three full seasons he finally realized that he had to hand over the torch. He's 35, he's paid very well and he's hitting 3rd. How many championships will we win with Mike Trout?

It absolutely is butthurt if you blame the player for his contract, when that player plays hurt, gives 100%, is a positive role model for the team, still plays a great first base. Like I said if he pushed the ball to right more often I'd be happy. If it comes out that he's a few years older then I would consider it a breach of contract and I would have a real issue with it.

I agree, It would obviously be wrong to blame a player for his contract.  I am more upset with the front office in general.   I'm sure they expected more from him.  I wonder if the Cards knew something we didn't.

2013?

Yeah, 2013. Im not talking about the numbers, which obviously sucked. But he play3d hurt that whole year before it finally blew cout completely. I know he changed a lot of minds among his peers that year...

I understand the bitching about the contract but it was Arte that made the ridiculous offer.  I'm pretty sure most of us in here would have went with the highest bidder when the difference was roughly $20-30 million.  Sure, sometimes Pujols gets on my nerves but I never doubt his desire or effort.  Especially over the last year or so he seems to have humbled a bit.

I understand the bitching about the contract but it was Arte that made the ridiculous offer.  I'm pretty sure most of us in here would have went with the highest bidder when the difference was roughly $20-30 million.  Sure, sometimes Pujols gets on my nerves but I never doubt his desire or effort.  Especially over the last year or so he seems to have humbled a bit.

According to reports Moreno also sold Pujols on the loyalty and family aspects of the offer. Moreno was going all in the get Pujols, and he succeeded. 

Regardless of the outcome, I have never doubted Pujols' effort or his will to win. He works hard and he plays hard. Results have not always followed.

Strad, you'd be surprised to find he's not really working counts any less than he did in STL...   He just chases more and gets walked intentionally a lot less these days.   Dude has always been around 3.75 P/PA for his career.

Strad, you'd be surprised to find he's not really working counts any less than he did in STL... He just chases more and gets walked intentionally a lot less these days. Dude has always been around 3.75 P/PA for his career.

Yea that does surprise me. I guess he's just making them pay less than he did in the past.