• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hey Dipoto

Armirista was never gonna see the field behind aybar

Everyone has spoken about the Trumbo deal. Santiago is coming into his own (heck he's becoming a solid trade chip)

what did we have to lose trading callaspo?

Joyce was supposed to be a platoon DH. Hamilton fvcked up and now he's an everyday OF. Jepsen had 1 solid in 10 yrs in this organization and you think he's andrew miller

Edited by nando714

Oh great this random ****er from the Mets will save us. What's the ****ing point of this deal?!?!? We need someone who will help RIGHT. NOW. This dude isn't the answer so why waste our time????

Revere and Howard are not great players but they would help this team. That's how bad it is. Please let's not wait until it's too late and miss the postseason by 2 games

Good point, trading kendrick for heaney has also been a bad move so far. So let's run down the list of moves dipoto has made:

Trumbo for Skaggs+Santiago - Bad Move

Freese deal - Horrible

Jepsen for Joyce - AWFUL

Kendrick for Heany - not good

Callaspo for AAA Grant Green - shit deal

signing Blanton - LOL

Jordan Walden for Tommy Hanjobs - TRAIN WRECK

Amarista for Fieri - Bad move

Please, anybody have a list of good moves? I am having trouble weighing the bad vs the good.

You have got to be kidding move

Trumbo for Skaggs and Santiago - Great trade. Trumbo has only had a +800 OPS once. Strikes out a ton and is a horrible defender. Skaggs is under club control and a top prospect. Santago has been terrific this year and we have him for several more years. Trumbo had a -1.1 war last year.

Freese deal - Slight edge to Angels but pretty close to a wash. Freese is a slightly above average player. Sure Peter and Randy are doing well so far this year, but its only the start of the year. Peter had one good year with the angels but he can't hit and his speed is a wasted on the basepaths as he cant steal.

Jepsen for Joyce - Nobody could have predicted Joyce would be this bad, but he has been. Rays won this trade.

Kendrick for Heaney - As of now slight edge to the Dodgers, this deal is years in the making to determine who won. If you want one of the top prospects in baseball you need to trade something. Howie is a solid player, but to get a top of the rotation guy you have to make this trade. It was only one year of Howie.

Callapso for Green - A tie. This is shit for shit. Hopefully Green will get a chance at some point.

Signing Blanton - This move sucked

Amarista for Fierreri - Tie - Ernesto was solid when we first got him. Amarista hasnt done much so nothing to see here.

Walden for Hanson - Braves won this trade. It was worth a shot, but were talking about a middle reliever here, not the end of the world.

Oh great this random ****er from the Mets will save us. What's the ****ing point of this deal?!?!? We need someone who will help RIGHT. NOW. This dude isn't the answer so why waste our time????

Revere and Howard are not great players but they would help this team. That's how bad it is. Please let's not wait until it's too late and miss the postseason by 2 games

I agree we need to get amaro on the horn. It's almost June and we're sputtering hard.

I would suggest Utley but then I saw his 15m vesting options if he reaches 500 ABs

Lol at thinking the Trumbo deal was a bad move. They traded a DH who doesn't get on base and whose salary was set to increase for 2 young cost-controlled Left-handed starters. That was a freakin slam dunk move

Heaney deal hurts the team this year but they'll end up getting more value out of that trade in the end considering they have Heaney for 6 more years while Kendrick is a FA after this season and will likely get a nice contract

Edited by bloodbrother

Good point, trading kendrick for heaney has also been a bad move so far. So let's run down the list of moves dipoto has made:

Freese deal - Horrible

Jepsen for Joyce - AWFUL

signing Blanton - LOL

Please, anybody have a list of good moves? I am having trouble weighing the bad vs the good.

Casual fans always provide the best entertainment.

I love how this guy considers Freese awful when his wRC+ last year was identical to Trumbo's as an Angel.

Edited by SoWhat

Freese deal - Horrible

Jepsen for Joyce - AWFUL

signing Blanton - LOL

Trumbo for Skaggs and Santiago was a great move.  Trumbo is still sorta awful, the only difference is his home park masks how awful he is.   .243/.284/.414 away from AZ.  He's managed to put up a negative WAR since leaving Anaheim. Callaspo for Green was an example of something for nothing.  Callaspo wasn't going to be a part of the Angels future, Green hasn't been yet but he's also not been owed 5 mil per.  Kendrick for Heaney was about 1 year of HK for 6 years of Heaney.   We have two SPs who will need replacing soon, Heaney is likely part of that solution.  Frieri ended ugly, but he held his own for the better part of two years.  Amarista had no role on the Angels, wouldnt have one on the current team either.

I agree the Walden and Freese trades were garbage and said as much when they wen't down.  I argued hard that Grichuk was being undervalued because of the park in Arkansas and had him pegged as a possible breakout candidate because most of his offensive indicators were pretty strong.  Sucks to see him doing as well as he is.  Again, it's very early but that .924 OPS he's put up stings to see.  He won't be a star, but he could be Josh Reddick and that's enough.

Freese deal - Horrible

Jepsen for Joyce - AWFUL

signing Blanton - LOL

You actually believe that stuff you just spewed forth? What a trainwreck!

1. Howie for Heaney will turn out to be a great deal. 6 years of Heaney, one of the best LHP prospects in the world for 1 of Howie. Just because it doesn't help as much in 2015 doesn't mean it won't be beneficial in 2016-2020.

2. Trumbo for Santiago and Skaggs - How often can you acquire two MLB ready LHP under team control for 5+ years each for a terrible defensive player with an OBP under .300? That may have been the best deal in recent memory.

3. Callaspo for Grant Green - Callaspo was owed 4 million and was awful. After leaving the Angels, he was a dumpster fire and is now basically a DFA agent. Green has shown tremendous ability with the bat even though Scioscia hasn't taken advantage. He's also making the league minimum and gives the Angels roster flexibility. Pretty keen move actually.

People keep forgetting that Freese has been the most productive hitter on the team this year.

Yeah, ok, RBI's aren't a good stat to judge a player by, but he leads the team and when your offense sucks as bad as this one you have to take what you can get.

RBI's are a great stat. that is, if you want to find winners and are just not into staring at some huge morass of numbers.

it tells you who helps your TEAM to win, not who has a chance of catching wee willie keeler for attempted foul bunts on cloudy tuesdays.ill argue to death that RBI is valid stat.

Soto, I don't understand the psyche of someone that thinks the team sucks and underachieves yet still spends a bunch of time on their message boards. I get that you probably have built relationships with people here, but if you really feel this way couldn't you get your enjoyment from this site staying in the hangout or meat locker forums? I consider you a rational human, but don't understand why you would be in this forum if those are honestly your beliefs.

Stradling, why are thinking the team sucks and underachieves and hanging out on message boards mutually exclusive in your mind? You do realize that one can be critical of the team and still be a fan, right?

Freese deal - Horrible

Jepsen for Joyce - AWFUL

signing Blanton - LOL

You've already gotten enough crap for this doozy, but here, have some more crap.

WTF?!?!

Notice that the main good moves were to acquire pitchers.

When are we going to see more good moves that net decent/solid hitting position players?

Iannetta was fine until April 2015.

Freese has been up and down.

Pujols has had only FIVE good months here out of TWENTY!

Hamilton = less said the better.

Joyce = see Hamilton. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Freese isn't even the part of the deal that sucked for me. The added players is what I hated.

I remember you being high on Grichuk. I was never really sold on him. His low walk rate, high k rate and average-below average contact percentage always turned me off.

Trumbo for Skaggs and Santiago was a great move.  Trumbo is still sorta awful, the only difference is his home park masks how awful he is.   .243/.284/.414 away from AZ.  He's managed to put up a negative WAR since leaving Anaheim. Callaspo for Green was an example of something for nothing.  Callaspo wasn't going to be a part of the Angels future, Green hasn't been yet but he's also not been owed 5 mil per.  Kendrick for Heaney was about 1 year of HK for 6 years of Heaney.   We have two SPs who will need replacing soon, Heaney is likely part of that solution.  Frieri ended ugly, but he held his own for the better part of two years.  Amarista had no role on the Angels, wouldnt have one on the current team either.

I agree the Walden and Freese trades were garbage and said as much when they wen't down.  I argued hard that Grichuk was being undervalued because of the park in Arkansas and had him pegged as a possible breakout candidate because most of his offensive indicators were pretty strong.  Sucks to see him doing as well as he is.  Again, it's very early but that .924 OPS he's put up stings to see.  He won't be a star, but he could be Josh Reddick and that's enough.

Please, Grichuk has a .924 OPS after 50 plate appearances. A lot of you are trashing Harper saying he is a flash in the pan even though he has been playing the whole year, but meanwhile you are praising Grichuk. Grichuk still is not walking, he has 2 BB so far. Players like that don't do that well in the majors. He can be a Jeff Francouer type player maybe.

Wow, Soto!

I'll take one World Championship and several trips to the playoffs over 50 years any day.

I'm a fan of the team, despite how they look in the standings. How they play on the field dictates how many games I watch, but I always want them to win, I'm always interested in the team and the future of the team (minor leaguers, prospects, the draft). Win or lose, I wake up every morning grateful to have a team that's been fun to watch for the majority of the time I've been a fan since '79.

Chuckie, I'm right there with you. I watch routinely, when its on, and I can stomach it. I'm a fan. But I'm realistic about the team generally is what it is. This is the 2015 Angels.

But the sentiment in here that things are going to change with a quick snap of the fingers is silly.

Almost every morning, day, and night people in here are freaking out and begging Dipoto to make a move. Could be a starter one day, bat the next, a minor league build, backup shortstop... Etc.

Had the Angels not won in 2002, I'd still be a fan. I suppose if I grew up in north-side Chicago id be rooting for those shitbag Cubs.

And to your argument of taking one title in 50 years, we were that small budget team until about 15 years ago or so. Since then, and especially since Arte opened the wallet, we've been a top 5 big spender. We've performed miserably.

Either the owner doesn't know what he's doing, when it comes to baseball because certainly he's a genius elsewhere in business, or his baseball people are shitty.

We aren't good currently. We don't have good prospects. It's bleak here. We have a good rotation and maybe an added bat may spark the 2-3 guys who are hitting.

Trout and Calhoun are solid. Aybar is OK. Freese is semi-decent. Maybe if Albert, our catcher, and Joyce start to bat it could turn it around.

It's the incessant "something needs to be done now - hair on fire" mindset here. The team is what it is. Aside from Teixera, we've never gone full retard in September.

This team is what it is.

Edited by SOTO

I agree the Walden and Freese trades were garbage and said as much when they wen't down. I argued hard that Grichuk was being undervalued because of the park in Arkansas and had him pegged as a possible breakout candidate because most of his offensive indicators were pretty strong. Sucks to see him doing as well as he is. Again, it's very early but that .924 OPS he's put up stings to see. He won't be a star, but he could be Josh Reddick and that's enough.

Hmmm Reddick is a pretty good comparison for Grichuk.

Soto, one reason I think a lot of us feel like it could be as simple as a snap of the fingers is in the past this team has started out slow, and then out of nowhere starts to find its stride and it carries them into the playoffs. Now if you want to say we suck in the playoffs, I won't argue that, I might argue the reason we have underperformed, but not that we have underperformed. This years team needs at least two additions for us to have any consistency.

Please, Grichuk has a .924 OPS after 50 plate appearances. A lot of you are trashing Harper saying he is a flash in the pan even though he has been playing the whole year, but meanwhile you are praising Grichuk. Grichuk still is not walking, he has 2 BB so far. Players like that don't do that well in the majors. He can be a Jeff Francouer type player maybe.

What does anything OTHER people have said about Harper have to do with what I'm saying?  It doesn't.  

Maybe you missed it in your rush to respond like a douchebag, but I stated its early still, so I'm well aware of the number of at bats.  The walk rate is a concern, the plus power and ability to play plus defense aren't -- there is value there..   There are parts to his offensive game that project favorably despite the legit concerns about his walk rate.  Again, he won't be a star but he could be a very useful player ala Reddick.

You're popping off for no real reason.  I've always counted his walk rate as a concern, even as I was pointing out his pull LD and swinging strike rates which were all very strong.

Edited by Inside Pitch