• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey Dipoto

I have defended every move you've made even the BLANTON SIGNING! I love what you've done with organization and hope you're around for a long time. Having said that, FIX THIS ****ING OFFENSE! Good lord, this is terrible. Pujols isn't a #3 hitter anymore. We have no left fielder. Aybar is a good hitter but belongs nowhere near the top of the lineup (I understand you don't make the batting order, but you're not giving Scioscia many options here). Gia has slowed down in a big way. It's awful to watch. We have a surplus of pitching and they're just wasting away in the minors. You're a smart dude. Please fix it. Thank you.

Ok bye

You were alright with the blanton signing? Come on man.

But yeah, Dipoto is definitely going to do something, he almost has too. If the rest of the division keeps on winning and we're spinning our wheels, it will be sooner than later.

All right with and defending are two different things

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but Randal Grichuck has been very good since coming back from his back strain.

He's OPS is now around .925.  This kid has a lot of upside.   This is the player, not Bourjous, that the Angels should regret giving up.  He'd look very good in the Angels OF this season.

It's time to try something different at least.  Every time I think they are about to turn a corner they go back to not producing anything offensively.  Scrapping your way to a .500 record by winning close games is not going to get you to the playoffs.  If you are gonna use guys like Krauss, Giavotella, Joyce etc. then you might as well give some of the other interchangeable parts a look and see if you can't find the hot hand instead of gutting out 150 at bats from just one of those guys while you wait for them to get comfy at the plate.  

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but Randal Grichuck has been very good since coming back from his back strain.

He's OPS is now around .925. This kid has a lot of upside. This is the player, not Bourjous, that the Angels should regret giving up. He'd look very good in the Angels OF this season.

Lol his OPS is only that high because of his .614 SLG over a whopping 16 games. His BB% (4.30) and K% (25.5) are Trumbo-esque. Grichuk's inability to get on base at a decent clip will never allow him to post an OPS anywhere close to the level it's at now over the course of a full season. Edited by SoWhat

Hire an asst GM who understands WTF offense is.

AO he understands what an offense is, did he suddenly forget from last year to this year? Or perhaps is it something else? IP posted something a couple days ago showing we've had above league average offense every year but this one. This is a shitty year where nearly every player is struggling. I am sure Dipoto is working the phones, but the only thing worse than not fixing it would be to fix it and have it cost us Newcombe and Heaney

Nando, the problem with this team is we have very little sellable parts. If we were to trade starters we might as well do it now. We aren't trading Kole, Trout, Aybar or Albert. And not a single other player with a bat has any value. So our most tradeable asset is Joe Smith. Sure we could trade Santiago or Shoe, but if that's the plan might as well do it now.

We're closer to last place than first place

What makes you think we're contenders. We may be doing some selling come july

We've only been in a seller's mode once (at least that I can remember) since 2002....That was in 2013 and, actually, DiPoto did a pretty good job with it---Callaspo for Green, Rasmus for Downs....I don't think it's likely we'll be in a seller's mode again....we may still be scuffling around .500 but I don't think it's likely will be selling..

This team sucks and has for a good long time. I love watching you homers have all this bullshit optimism.

The team is AAAA and Oakland probably will end up ahead of us at the end of the year. They'll go like 14-4 against us, right?

Two months is a long time?

Two months is a long time?

Like 50 years.

Perennial underachievers.

Even in the good years, we collapsed in the playoffs or September.

2002 is everyone's anchor here. They overachieved and caught magic. It was special. It's been horrendous mismanagement since, both on and off the field.

Everyone here constantly harking back to 2002, sounds more and more like Red Sox fans from the 90s talking about 1918. And it will continue to do so, as 2002 fades even further into history.

There's no reason why we shouldn't have two or three titles.

Since this is relatively the same team as last year, either we are underachieving this season, overachieved last season or somewhere in between.

Bottom line is this isn't a good club. More than half the positions are extremely weak. 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, C, DH.

The rotation is pretty much the same. Bullpen is ok with Smith and Street, beyond that it's a carousel of arms that are neither good nor bad.

It's laughable to think that Dipoto can magically fix what ails this team. Your two biggest problems on the payroll aren't going anywhere. One trods along at 1B and in the 3-hole where he doesn't belong, and the other plays for Texas.

Like Strad said, this club is pretty much depleted in terms of resources that offer a quick fix. This team is your team. Dipoto may be able to slightly upgrade, but we are like 6-8 really good players from being an all around contender.

The bench is pathetic and we have zero speed, and very limited power.

We are a club that has placed all of its eggs in a basket named Trout.

Which Weaver will we see in August, the May version or the April version. Can Shoe and Santiago hang on to being just above decent?

If yo can get anything for CJ in his current form, get it. We have enough arms. He's another that possibly could fade back into mediocrity or worse.

It's comical to watch everyone, pretty much day in and day out - with the exception of an occasional winning streak - asking for a complete makeover mid-season.