• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

18 Kids, 1 Child Molester, and Counting.

If this was a priest.  Million dollar lawsuit, and possible charges.  

Celebrity.  Apologize.

Dude, he already did that 12 years ago. Just because someone dredged up some court papers from back then doesn't mean he hasn't already paid for his past deeds. People are supposed to be able to be rehabilitated. At least that's what all the liberals say about their favorite projects.

This was 12 years ago when he was 15. Any statute of limitations on internet shaming for a problem that was addressed in the courts? Also, nothing in that article mentions any sexual assault on family members.

"The report redacted the name of the suspect and the alleged victims, all juveniles, but listed Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar as relatives."

The fact that he accepted the position of Exec. Director of FRC Action (an organization whose sole purpose is to judge and shame others) pretty much negates any statute of limitations on internet shaming.

That's his parents, he was a minor so they are the responsible party in the court proceeding. Through the parents name they connected the dots to their son to out his juvenile past. I think you took it out of context.

And no, a person that is a minor doesn't have to carry the weight of his mistakes throughout his life and close doors to professions that you don't approve of.

Edited by notti

Siblings and one other female:

"Josh Duggar, of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," resigned his position at the Family Research Council Thursday after reports surfaced that he allegedly sexually assaulted four female siblings in the large family, plus an additional female victim."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/05/21/josh-duggar-resigns-from-family-research-council/

It also appears the family covered this up for years. The family found out about it in 2002/2003 and it didn't get reported to the police until 2006 after the statute of limitations had expired. (and apparently because of a family letter that was in a book...so in essence the family was still covering it up). But it's good that he received a "stern talking to".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/21/josh-duggar-apologizes-resigns-from-family-research-council-amid-molestation-allegations/

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/may/22/oldest-of-tv-s-19-kids-admits-to-wrongd/

"jim bob" says it all

i saw that show once, and there was something behind all of their eyes that made my skin crawl, no matter how idyllic producers tried to make the family. seem. 

Was it fear in the younger girls eyes?

So, molesting 5 girls is simply "being an idiot".

Awesome.

Do you know the details?  I'm hesitant to throw a 15 year old under the bus unless I know the details.  Huge difference between rape and playing doctor with some siblings.

Also, I love how cezero likes to call out homophobes but has absolutely no problem being bigoted toward people from the south. 

If I found out about a fellow teacher who had this history, whether found guilty or innocent, I'd be more than a little concerned.

It may not be fair, and I understand why I should be fine with it so long as it cleared the legal system, but that's just not the way it is.

There's just something about it when it comes to people working in a profession/position where their focus is so much on kids.  

If I were a parent, I'd be even more concerned about my kids being around that person in close quarters for hours on end. 

He is not a teacher.  He works for an org called that deals with family values.  Seems like his family values (whether you like them or not) helped him through a hard time and shaped him into the man that he is now and he sees value in supporting that.  If these charges were within the past two years then yes, I have a big problem with that.  

There is no evidence of those problems in the last 12 years.  Those issues have not surfaced since he was 15 years old.  15 freakin' years old.  Sometimes as a society we need to let people grow. Believe that people can change and improve.  We do not know the whole story......it sounds like the parents were more worried about their political career in the house of reps at the time and didn't want this in the press.  I might have a bigger issue with them than the kid.

Not a Huckabee fan at all but I like his quote in one of the articles: "Josh's actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, "inexcusable", but that doesn't mean 'unforgivable' "

It's not about faith...or Christianity...it's about an incredibly hypocritical family and individual.

Someone who can stand up, on camera, and say homosexuality and gay marriage threatens children and the family and get's paid to promote that position...and yet his family helped cover up his molestation of his on family members.

Or someone who can go on the radio and say defeating an LGBT ordinance was done to protect children. Michelle Duggars sent out robocalls stating that if they didn't defeat the anti discrimination ordinance it would empower child predators and threaten the safety and innocence of children.

It's not about faith...or Christianity...it's about an incredibly hypocritical family and individual.

Someone who can stand up, on camera, and say homosexuality and gay marriage threatens children and the family and get's paid to promote that position...and yet his family helped cover up his molestation of his on family members.

Or someone who can go on the radio and say defeating an LGBT ordinance was done to protect children. Michelle Duggars sent out robocalls stating that if they didn't defeat the anti discrimination ordinance it would empower child predators and threaten the safety and innocence of children.

You can't have it both ways red.  There would be no hypocrisy without the faith.

Not to mention you still have no idea what actually happened, what the parents did or didn't do to protect the other kids and whether or not there is any pattern of behavior beyond what he did 12 years ago.

Going by your standards, if any of your friends, relatives or yourself ever abused alcohol or drugs then you have disqualified yourself from ever discouraging anyone else from doing so because it makes you a hypocrit.  Be honest, if everything was the same except for the politics of this family (which you despise) would you still feel the same?

I think it is well established that anyone who thinks LGBT ordinances/laws will empower child predators is completely wrong and just using fear tactics.  

Having said that Michelle Duggar is wrong, it also stinks for this guy having stuff drug up that he did while he was 15.

red, you can either view it as a cover up and a conspiracy or that they found the problem and dealt with it is soon as possible.  Seems like we know they did the latter.  They dealt with it and it is not an issue anymore and let's hope it does not resurface.   

In my mind, it is only a cover up if they are oppressing the victims and keeping them silent.