• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mad Max: fury road...... Early reviews are in and it is not a POS

Well done, I have been duped again.

I had no intention of seeing this, but with the high praise I figured at worst it would be ok. It's two hours of an old dude with a Darth Vader voice and fake abs suit chasing a dude with a guitar player on the hood of his car.

I actually feel retarded or completely out of touch because I didn't find anything remotely redeeming about the movie (outside that Tom Hardy is still solid) when earlier in the day someone had mentioned it possibly being the best movie of all-time. I actually dozed off twice because it is out of hand bad. I don't get the excitement of a two hour car chase across a desert. Zero story or character depth.

interesting film. i was entertained, but i don't see why there is such an abundance of all-out love for this movie. the car chase sequences were done well.

i saw this movie with my brother, who is a huge fan of the original movies. he said there really wasn't anything from this movie that relied on being familiar with the mel gibson version.

this movie left me with a lot of unanswered questions:

- why did they take max prisoner?

- what was the silver spray they used on their mouths, and what was it for?

- why was the truck filled with mother's milk?

- why were they pumping milk from those women?

- why was everything so desolate? if this was a post-apocolypitc world, i don't recall there being any mention of it.

- why did that dude wear a plastic see-through chest protector?

- why was there such a control over the water? and why distribute it in such an inefficient way if it was a precious commodity? and if it wasn't a precious commodity, why limit its use?

- why were all the bald guys painted white?

- why weren't there more women?

- who was the other group that was chasing max?

the soundtrack was weird. i didn't quite get the deal with the guitar player strapped into the harness, but it was kinda interesting to see flames shoot out of his instrument.

- why did they take max prisoner? - His tattoos showed that they took him to be a donor.  I think mainly because he was healthy.

- what was the silver spray they used on their mouths, and what was it for?  Thing I was thinking was it was coke for one last gasp and not to feel anything while they did a suicide run.

- why was the truck filled with mother's milk?  It was supposed to be a trade with the oil facility I think.

- why were they pumping milk from those women?  See above.

- why was everything so desolate? if this was a post-apocolypitc world, i don't recall there being any mention of it.  In the opening scene they mention about the post nuclear apocolypse.

- why did that dude wear a plastic see-through chest protector?  Now you are overanalyzing.

- why was there such a control over the water? and why distribute it in such an inefficient way if it was a precious commodity? and if it wasn't a precious commodity, why limit its use?  It was to control the people.  If water is rare, those that control it have the power.  See California.  Doh.

- why were all the bald guys painted white?  Because they ran out of blue.

- why weren't there more women?  The question isn't why wasn't there more women.  There were.  There were no healthy women.  I.E. Non Cancerous from the fallout.

- who was the other group that was chasing max?  It might have been the same group from the mountains.  Or it could be that they sold max to the mountain guys in exchange for milk or water.

interesting film. i was entertained, but i don't see why there is such an abundance of all-out love for this movie. the car chase sequences were done well.

i saw this movie with my brother, who is a huge fan of the original movies. he said there really wasn't anything from this movie that relied on being familiar with the mel gibson version.

this movie left me with a lot of unanswered questions:

- why did they take max prisoner?

- what was the silver spray they used on their mouths, and what was it for?

- why was the truck filled with mother's milk?

- why were they pumping milk from those women?

- why was everything so desolate? if this was a post-apocolypitc world, i don't recall there being any mention of it.

- why did that dude wear a plastic see-through chest protector?

- why was there such a control over the water? and why distribute it in such an inefficient way if it was a precious commodity? and if it wasn't a precious commodity, why limit its use?

- why were all the bald guys painted white?

- why weren't there more women?

- who was the other group that was chasing max?

the soundtrack was weird. i didn't quite get the deal with the guitar player strapped into the harness, but it was kinda interesting to see flames shoot out of his instrument.

Tank should have listened to Brandon.  He was obviously making out with the dudes in the theater.....most of those answers were in the movie.

Really? We're getting harped on not having a definitive back story of the villain? There's enough in the movie, in the atmosphere, the situation they are in, to just gather he's basically the leader/dictator of that Citadel and holds everyone in line with the control of the water supply. As well, has seemed to create this new religion of sorts for the "War Boys", and to the point where he is basically a god to them as well. Even the way that his other son orates the "I had a brother! He was perfect in every way!" as if it's something to be etched in their history.

As far as the apparatus he uses, it's basically a breathing device used to keep him alive. Why? I'm pretty sure you could just gather that he, along with a lot of other people in the movie, suffers from an illness that stemmed from the fallout.

I appreciate that the movie didn't really bother definitively explaining any of that. Even if it wasn't already there to draw your own conclusions from, which I feel it is, I feel it adds to an almost alien nature of everything that is going on.

yeah, i'm in my mid 50s, actually, and saw the first mad max movie back in the mid 80s. it wasn't my favorite flick, but i was reasonably entertained.

my issue with the current one is that there are things in the movie that i think if there was more information about them it would have enhanced my viewing experience as a movie-goer. a little more backstory in some areas would have been useful for me.

if others loved this movie, great. if some didn't, that should be okay also.

yeah, i'm in my mid 50s, actually, and saw the first mad max movie back in the mid 80s. it wasn't my favorite flick, but i was reasonably entertained.

my issue with the current one is that there are things in the movie that i think if there was more information about them it would have enhanced my viewing experience as a movie-goer. a little more backstory in some areas would have been useful for me.

if others loved this movie, great. if some didn't, that should be okay also.

Yeah, with the high praise I thought there would be some story to it.

I could have watched KTLA if I wanted to watch a two hour car chase. Although, there may not have been someone getting stuck or a guitar player jamming on the hood of someones car.

I think this was dead on.  Totally makes sense that it isn't actually Max, but instead that Mullet Wearing boomerang kid from the previous movies.

Also, kind of strange that the mask breathing ab guy is the same actor that played Toecutter in the early movies.  Though it doesn't appear that they are related in canon.  Just a nod to the old movies.

All the Stunts were real which makes the movie even more impressive.  All the motorcycle jumps.  The men on the poles bending towards the vehicles.  They really built a truck covered in amps and had a real musician playing the guitar in all those scenes.  Knowing that enhanced the entire experience for me