• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Moura: Rangers likely to benefit from arrogance of Angels owner Moreno

Why does anyone think he'd be a distraction? His teammates have sounded very supportive of him and have said repeatedly they want him back. And every report has said he's loved in the clubhouse. There'd be a lot of questions and press for the first week or so after he came back, but then it would die down.

Avoiding a "distraction" is not a valid reason for this being a good move by the Angels, IMO.

Arte and the FO has made it clear they want people on the team that wants to WIN. They've dealt with underperforming contracts before and still supported the player since they had the desire to WIN. Late last season there was talk that Josh was having a hard time motivating himself to get out of bed to play ball. He was losing his desire to win. I just see this relapse as the final straw; Josh's heart wasn't here in Anaheim to help the ball club. Therefore the Angels FO felt the need to remove that player from the organization. I believe Arte when he said this isn't about money, this is about attitude. I also find it odd that Josh's camp has been VERY quiet during this whole ordeal. Not a single word stating that he wanted to stay an Angel and work through this. I get the feeling Josh had already moved on from the Angels long before. If a player doesn't want to help this team win, then get rid of him. The only arrogance I see here is Arte wanting to win.

Edited by mancini79

Why does anyone think he'd be a distraction? His teammates have sounded very supportive of him and have said repeatedly they want him back. And every report has said he's loved in the clubhouse. There'd be a lot of questions and press for the first week or so after he came back, but then it would die down.

Avoiding a "distraction" is not a valid reason for this being a good move by the Angels, IMO.

1) He weighs 250 lbs according to reports so he's probably been sitting on his ass since October.

2) He chose not to join his teammates in Tempe to rehab himself.

3) He chose not to attend the planned extended spring training.

4) He's going through a high profile divorce.

5) He's still an addict and there's no cure so he could relapse at anytime.

6) He's going to have a lot of pressure on him to produce and he doesn't handle pressure very well.

7) Lastly, he really doesn't want to be here.

Arte did what he had to do.

1) He weighs 250 lbs according to reports so he's probably been sitting on his ass since October.

2) He chose not to join his teammates in Tempe to rehab himself.

3) He chose not to attend the planned extended spring training.

4) He's going through a high profile divorce.

5) He's still an addict and there's no cure so he could relapse at anytime.

6) He's going to have a lot of pressure on him to produce and he doesn't handle pressure very well.

7) Lastly, he really doesn't want to be here.

Arte did what he had to do.

1. He's suppsedly 250 pounds of muscle. Chiseled I believe was the word teammates used.

2 and 3. One of these may be true but not both. And maybe neither.

4. Not a distraction for anyone but him.

5 and 6. Have been true for years, even while he was winning thr MVP in Texas.

7. You have no idea if this is true because he hasn't said a word. His teammates reported he "absolutely" wanted to be with them.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

1. He's suppsedly 250 pounds of muscle. Chiseled I believe was the word teammates used.

2 and 3. One of these may be true but not both. And maybe neither.

4. Not a distraction for anyone but him.

5 and 6. Have been true for years, even while he was winning thr MVP in Texas.

7. You have no idea if this is true because he hasn't said a word. His teammates reported he "absolutely" wanted to be with them.

He signed a $125M deal in 2013 with the Angels and he waits until 2015 to show up chiseled? Not buying it.

Who said he wasn't chiseled before? Conditioning was never an issue.

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/67837114/angels-josh-hamilton-alters-offseason-conditioning-approach

"After a season that saw his batting average drop to .250, his homers drop to 21 and his RBIs drop to 79, Hamilton put on 28 pounds with a high-calorie, high-protein, gluten-free diet and some cheat days mixed in.

In hopes of being healthier, while predicting that he wouldn't drop as much weight during the season as he used to in Texas, Hamilton deployed a natural-juice diet last offseason. He showed up weighing 227 pounds, dropped an additional 15 over the summer and never really found his typical power."

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/67837114/angels-josh-hamilton-alters-offseason-conditioning-approach

"After a season that saw his batting average drop to .250, his homers drop to 21 and his RBIs drop to 79, Hamilton put on 28 pounds with a high-calorie, high-protein, gluten-free diet and some cheat days mixed in.

In hopes of being healthier, while predicting that he wouldn't drop as much weight during the season as he used to in Texas, Hamilton deployed a natural-juice diet last offseason. He showed up weighing 227 pounds, dropped an additional 15 over the summer and never really found his typical power."

What I meant was he was never out of shape, as you implied in your original post about him being 250 pounds.

What I meant was he was never out of shape, as you implied in your original post about him being 250 pounds.

Fletch, if you haven't already learned, and I'm sure you have, not only do people imply things here, they fabricate, concoct, devise, invent, hatch, and straight-out BS their way to fact on this board.

I completely agree with the article. Hamilton isn't blameless, he's human. Granted, Texas doesn't look like a contender, but we just handed them a firmer MVP with a chip on his shoulder and the drive to stick it to his fomer employer.

This may or may not make Texas better, but when Hamilton goes on a HR hitting tirade against us, directly costing us wins, that could adversely effect out chances at making the playoffs.

As far as I can tell, the Angels will need all of those thry can get. They should've kept Hamilyon, if for the sole reason that he doesn't play against them.

Total utter stupidity.

Nice to see someone with some business sense here.