• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Playboy-posing veteran arrested in flag scuffle, sets off debate over everything

I actually was going the other way.  The flag is something near and dear to a lot of people, soldiers have fought and died for that flag.  You can't just tell someone to stop caring because it's a piece of cloth.  It's more than that to a lot of people.  Just as Mohammad is near and dear to a lot of his followers.

Does that give people with an intense emotional bond with red, white and blue fabric the right to steal it from someone that doesn't have such a bond?

That was her choice, she was dealt with.  I find burning or desecrating the flag to be classless and in poor taste.  She feels stronger than that.  Both parties were provocateurs IMO. 

I would be willing to bet once they were done stomping on the flag they had no intention of keeping it (or hell, of even cleaning/picking it up). It was once the chick grabbed that they shifted in to victim gear

Edited by AngelsLongBall

I would be willing to bet once they were done stomping on the flag they had no intention of keeping it (or hell, of even cleaning/picking it up). It was once the chick grabbed that they shifted in to victim gear

When I get full I may decide to throw my plate of food away. But I wouldn't take to kindly to someone coming up and taking a couple of bites while I'm still dining.

They weren't finished with the flag yet. What they were gonna do after they were done is irrelevant.

They didn't throw it away, they were in the process of using it. Your hypothetical doesn't work here.

Burning it isn't throwing it away?

Whatever, these hypotheticals are silly.  If people want to protest stupidly that is fine.  I just don't think they should act all shocked or put off if someone doesn't care for their form of protest and does something about.

If I light some fireworks does that mean someone can just take it away or does that not apply because it's not an activity you disapprove of?

Do you believe those "doing something about it" have the right to or do you agree that it's illegal? That's the issue.

Edited by HaloMagic

Depends on what they do.  What Rick Monday did, totally legal.

What the ex soldier did, probably not.  I would wager there would be no jury to convict her though.

Bottom line is that the flag does mean something to a lot of folks and to act like its just cloth with dye is a bad comparison and belittles those who look at the flag with honor.