• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Playboy-posing veteran arrested in flag scuffle, sets off debate over everything

If the flames coming from your house were putting other homes, property or nature (trees, forests, etc) in danger, then yes ... the fire dept. should try to put it out.  Otherwise, meh. 

Why does walking on the flag on public land open the doors for intervention?  It's their flag.  I wouldn't expect a foodie to pull my burgers off a grill in a public park if they thought I was overcooking them.  They're my burgers.  

If the flames coming from your house were putting other homes, property or nature (trees, forests, etc) in danger, then yes ... the fire dept. should try to put it out.  Otherwise, meh. 

Why does walking on the flag on public land open the doors for intervention?  It's their flag.  I wouldn't expect a foodie to pull my burgers off a grill in a public park if they thought I was overcooking them.  They're my burgers.  

I would argue it isn't their flag anymore if they are ruining it in a public place.  Regardless, I don't find this to be a big deal, at all.  Just don't see the group of students as heroes.

I don't see the group of students as heroes either.  But they're protesting.  They bought the flag to walk on it and ruin it.  That's what they wanted it for and that's what they're using it for.  I may find what they're doing distasteful, but not as distasteful as someone being able to take away their property before they're done with it.  

As a veteran I have to say my opinion doesn't matter more than any other citizen of the USA.  (Still, I'm not above reminding people I'm a veteran)

Anyway, IMO burning the flag is actually the ultimate sign of respect for the constitution it represents.  How awesome is it we live in a country in which we can burn our own flag and not be prosecuted for it.  In many countries you can't do that.  Again, as a veteran, that is the type of freedom I fought for.

agree with you completely.

i'm also not offended if someone wants to stop that action from happening.

She sounds like an attention whore.

For all of the talk about her military service, she was kicked out of the Air Force for doing the Playboy shoot. You tell me what was more important to her. She wasn't thinking about the uniform when she flashed her silicone-enhanced headlights for everyone to see.

I'm in agreement about the right to treat the flag poorly, but I wouldn't stand for it in my presence (even aside from the fact that those people are only trying to get a reaction, and probably don't even know why they're doing it beyond the primary instigator).

I was raised in a Veteran household, and in a time when it was still god and country.  I learned the values that OUR flag represents, and also how it is to be treated.  I believe the only acceptable mis-treatment is flying it upside-down as a sign of distress.

I'd pull a Rick Monday...

So you agree they have the right but you wouldn't let them exercise it in front of you? Do their rights not continue to exist when you decide you don't like something?

That's a very "policeman" thing to say.

So Rick Monday is a bad guy for taking that flag from the protestors?

Did Rick Monday take the flag from people who were standing on a sidewalk minding their own business?

First do you know for a fact that they were minding their own business?

Also, the argument I have heard most, I'm not saying you have made it, is that the flag is their property and they should be able to do what they wish to it.  So the flag that guy was burning was his property and Monday took it.  

I don't think it was wrong.

First do you know for a fact that they were minding their own business?

Also, the argument I have heard most, I'm not saying you have made it, is that the flag is their property and they should be able to do what they wish to it. So the flag that guy was burning was his property and Monday took it.

I don't think it was wrong.

I don't commend Monday for taking the flag. But it aided in stopping a distraction. If it was a Led Zepplin t-shirt or a bullhorn I'd feel the same way. I'm not proud of him because he stopped a flag burning but I'm happy he assisted in stopping the distraction.

As far the minding their own business, if it came out the they were for a fact would that change your mind on the stealing of their flag?

So you agree they have the right but you wouldn't let them exercise it in front of you? Do their rights not continue to exist when you decide you don't like something?

That's a very "policeman" thing to say.

Don't be a total douche...  Or, let's do this- What do you do for a living?  So I can call you by your "work" name.  How about "cubbie" for cubicle.  I'd have to protect their right on-duty, but exercise my own right to protect the Flag off-duty.  Any understanding of values/rights yet?

In this country, some of us defend the Flag as it stands for values we've built this country on.  

Not a real right. That's called theft. And regardless of whether you are on duty or not you have no constitutional right to restrict someone's first amendment rights.

"San Dee-ogo... Agree to disagree."

Perhaps, but that's my stance.  I'd get fired for sure if it was on-duty, and even possibly off-duty since we're always representing our City and Department but that's what they get with us; they hired us for our values being in-line with theirs.  It would be interesting to see what would happen...