• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Playboy-posing veteran arrested in flag scuffle, sets off debate over everything

This thread proves just how dangerous emotions are to sound reasoning. From the cop who admitted stomping on a flag in not illegal but vowed to stop it from happening in front of him to mt who said theft is a way of expressing himself, all common sense and logic go flying out the window when emotion takes over.

Been human long?

ITT: One person said that if at some point in the future you may discard of or have no use of an object you own then the legality of your present ownership of that object is debatable and someone may have the right to take it from you without penalty.

Also, someone else implied that since the rights of man have been altered over the course of history then it's not important to respect the current set of recognized rights as at some undetermined point in the near or distant future those rights may be different.

I don't even know. Baffled.

Assholes of all stripes are using it as a prop. It's just a symbol, and symbol has no inherent value in and of itself.  The only value they have is inside of a person.  If I have two small pieces of wood there is nothing special about them.  If I put them together to form a cross they're still the exact same pieces of wood but suddenly they have value.  If i take them apart again, no value.  To me, it's a bit ridiculous how much people invest in objects when the true worth is internal.  

Assholes of all stripes are using it as a prop. It's just a symbol, and symbol has no inherent value in and of itself.  The only value they have is inside of a person.  If I have two small pieces of wood there is nothing special about them.  If I put them together to form a cross they're still the exact same pieces of wood but suddenly they have value.  If i take them apart again, no value.  To me, it's a bit ridiculous how much people invest in objects when the true worth is internal.  

Most items have little to no inherent value of their own.  Crap, just watch Antique Roadshow. 

Most items have little to no inherent value of their own.  Crap, just watch Antique Roadshow. 

Oh yeah, I know.  My dad is an auctioneer.  "That's worth at least $100!"  "I know it has a lot of personal value to you but when I'm selling it, it's only worth whatever someone wants to bid on it."