• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Playboy-posing veteran arrested in flag scuffle, sets off debate over everything

The campus police went about this the wrong way. That top she was wearing was just asking to get torn off during the struggle for the flag. Scuffling with her I would have been waving her pants in the air and said shoot, thought it was the flag I tore away. 

On a serious note I have never been a fan of stamping on or burning flags.  Also, why protest at a university?  You are pissed at the man, head to the local govt. office or cop shop and stamp on flags. You likely are going to the university getting stuff I have to pay for when my kids go. The guy with the sideways hat, wonder what his major is. 

I am all for what she did and going to her facebook page in hopes of getting some. 

• The attention whore got to audition for the Plumber Joe spot on Fox News.
  • The black kids got publicity for their protest.
  • The cops diffused the situation without any death or injury.
  • Patriot boobs

A great American story where everybody wins.

Edited by Kurt Swanson

• The attention whore got to audition for the Plumber Joe spot on Fox News.
  • The black kids got publicity for their protest.
  • The cops diffused the situation without any death or injury.

A great American story where everybody wins.

That sums it up quite succinctly.  

Soldier who picked up the flag=bad

Kids walking on the flag=cool.

Got it.

As a veteran I have to say my opinion doesn't matter more than any other citizen of the USA.  (Still, I'm not above reminding people I'm a veteran)

Anyway, IMO burning the flag is actually the ultimate sign of respect for the constitution it represents.  How awesome is it we live in a country in which we can burn our own flag and not be prosecuted for it.  In many countries you can't do that.  Again, as a veteran, that is the type of freedom I fought for.

As a veteran I have to say my opinion doesn't matter more than any other citizen of the USA.  (Still, I'm not above reminding people I'm a veteran)

Anyway, IMO burning the flag is actually the ultimate sign of respect for the constitution it represents.  How awesome is it we live in a country in which we can burn our own flag and not be prosecuted for it.  In many countries you can't do that.  Again, as a veteran, that is the type of freedom I fought for.

Again, thanks for your service rico.  I don't think anyone here is arguing that burning the flag should be against the law, nor stepping on it.  However, I also don't believe stopping someone from doing that without violence should be either.  For me, if you are in the act of destroying something you really have given up ownership of said item.

Again, thanks for your service rico.  I don't think anyone here is arguing that burning the flag should be against the law, nor stepping on it.  However, I also don't believe stopping someone from doing that without violence should be either.  For me, if you are in the act of destroying something you really have given up ownership of said item.

So you think you should be able to stop somebody from doing something that is perfectly legal?

So you think you should be able to stop somebody from doing something that is perfectly legal?

I'm with Glen on this one.  You should not be able to stop someone from doing something that's perfectly legal.

Like when protestors block bridges or highways, thus preventing people from driving to their desired destination (a perfectly legal act).  That's crap.  And this lady was wrong. 

However ... Bacon Bunker, people.  Bacon Bunker!!!!  

This seems pretty inconsistent with your stand on property rights

This seems pretty inconsistent with your stand on property rights

If I'm burning my house up on purpose I would expect the fire department to show up and try to stop the fire.

Also, if they were walking on the flag on their own property, then I would agree that nobody should trespass to stop them.  But we all know they weren't, don't we.