• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Around the League Gameday Thread

Chuck

Next year they are getting rid of the stupid hill, which has nearly caused some nasty injuries to outfielders who are understandably not used to sprinting up steep inclines during games.

But the gimmicky ultra short left field fence, and unneccsary sharp bends in the outfield walls are incredibly lame. It's not like Boston where they had to build the stadium around pre-existing roads, they just did all that crap as a gimmick.

Also, Texas changed the aerodynamics of their stadium a bit to eliminate the extreme jet stream effect that used to carry weak popups over the center field wall. So those stadiums are gradually becoming less idiotic, but there's still work to be done.

I'm not sure what's idiotic about Globe Life. It's bigger than Angel Stadium. It just doesn't have the nighttime marine layer. 

Rangers crappy decision making basically handed this game to Houston.  If it weren't for the fact that they still haven't technically wrapped up the division, I'd seriously question whether or not the Rangers were actually trying to give the Astros a leg up in the Wild Card race.  The game is tied at 4 in the 6th, the Rangers have a deep bullpen with many potential weapons and they choose to go with Chi Chi effing Gonzalez, their weakest arm. 

So of course he coughs up a couple runs, then with a lefty Rasmus at the plate, they bring their worst reliever against lefties who throws a BP fastball and gives up a HR on the first pitch.  

I freakin' HATE Texas.  That whole state sucks. 

I'm fine with Chi Chi Gonzalez as a long reliever, but I don't understand sticking with him in the 7th inning when he's struggling and then using Sam Freeman, a lefty who has a hard time getting left-handed hitters out. Also, bringing in Napoli to face Sipp would have been the perfect opportunity to give them the lead. Ron Washington is a total moron but at least he pinch hit when it mattered. If they lose the division by one game, I'll look back at this one and wonder why Banister didn't manage with any urgency. 

Watching the Rangers-Astros game, and of course, the only time the Angels actually need the Rangers to play well, the umpire expands his strike zone for Houston and the Rangers crap the bed and roll over and show their bellies.

Granted it's only 2-1 but it's a truly uninspiring and pathetic performance thus far.

Banister keeps using the worst relievers with one-run deficits 

I obviously don't follow the Rangers as closely as I do the Angels but it certainly looked to me like Ron Washington was a better manager.

Angels' only hope now is to overtake Texas for the second wild card. The Houston Astros will likely win the division, as they get to feast on the Mariners (sans Iwakuma and Hernandez), and the DBacks to end the season. 

Minnesota faces Cleveland (who is still not technically eliminated) and KC (who will likely not clinch best overall record until the final series). 

Angels' only hope now is to overtake Texas for the second wild card. The Houston Astros will likely win the division, as they get to feast on the Mariners (sans Iwakuma and Hernandez), and the DBacks to end the season. 

Minnesota faces Cleveland (who is still not technically eliminated) and KC (who will likely not clinch best overall record until the final series). 

Houston is terrible on the road, and the DBacks arent as bad as their record indicates.  They have a +18 run differential, compared to the Angels -15.  So no, its not likely The Astros win the division.

The Angels however, could sneak in there and take it depending on how they finish the last 4 games.  The most likely scenario at this point is the Rangers clinch the division, Angels edge out the Astros for the last wild card spot.  

Houston is terrible on the road, and the DBacks arent as bad as their record indicates.  They have a +18 run differential, compared to the Angels -15.  So no, its not likely The Astros win the division.

The Angels however, could sneak in there and take it depending on how they finish the last 4 games.  The most likely scenario at this point is the Rangers clinch the division, Angels edge out the Astros for the last wild card spot.  

If the Rangers finish 3-4, Angels finish 6-2 and Astros finish 4-2 there will be a three-way tie for the Division. Then depending on the outcome of the two tiebreaker games it's certainly possible the Astros win the division, and the Angels or Rangers get the second wild card.

I think pessimism is an ugly trait to burden oneself with.

There's nothing about the Astros performance on the road this season to indicate they'll win their final 8 games of the season, 6 of them coming in the road. Believing such either makes you a horribly pessimistic Angels fan, an overly optimistic Astros fan, or just someone that clearly has no idea what they're talking about and is just guessing. Either way, I wouldn't trust it.

I think pessimism is an ugly trait to burden oneself with.

There's nothing about the Astros performance on the road this season to indicate they'll win their final 8 games of the season, 6 of them coming in the road. Believing such either makes you a horribly pessimistic Angels fan, an overly optimistic Astros fan, or just someone that clearly has no idea what they're talking about and is just guessing. Either way, I wouldn't trust it.

I agree with this.  Theres no telling how the Astros will respond this final week, they could very well play their best ball and beat the Mariners and Dbacks like they should.  But they are a young team and have already choked away a lot of games just to allow the Angels and Rangers to catch them.  The Mariners are trying hard to screw our playoff hopes and they probably will do the same to Houston.  

I predicted this a month ago in the "Who's Your Five?" thread.

I really hope it happens!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"The NL is easier.

Cards

Giants (yeah, the Dogs tanked in the last week)

Muts

Bucs and Cubs meet in the 1 game.."

Edited by Homebrewer