• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: KC Royals vs. Angels (4/12/2015)

Chuck

Royals had that big inning after that double play ball to Freese that became an E-5.......I assume it was an E-5 (VIctor and Gubi are fine but I wish they would immediately report what the scoring is on a play like that -- Scully always announces the scoring when its first announced -- I notice Victor doesn't seem to come back to it ......I assume it was an E-5 but Victor never told us -- he mentioned the RBI not being credited to the hitter and later indicated the batter was given an RBI but never announced the scoring on the play -- I think it was an E-5 and with one out you CANNOT assume a double-play (even if it's a hard hit tailor made GIDP ball) so the scorer thought the run would have scored on a force play at second and gave it an E-5 with an RBI for the batter -- of course that was 5 or 6 runs ago for KC).

Having mentioned something I don't like with respect to Victor's call of the game (and I like Rojas -- think he's pretty good) let me state something I do like -- he called out CJ Cron and one other Halos hitter today as to not having a clue at the plate against Ventura and suggested Cron and the other hitter should just wait on the fastball and take everything else until there's two strikes.........I liked Rojas mentioning that -- no HOMER type call here.

9 to 2 game -- wonder if KC will bring on a new pitcher for the 9th -- how about a guy who missed all of the last (two?) seasons and who made their 25 man roster -- Ryan Madson.

Can't you just see Madsen getting the final out of a 3 game KC sweep........OUCH.

also -- another OUCH -- not that I am anti-Ducks but all the talk by Victor and Gubi about the Ducks Stanley Cup playoff cup chase starting at the Honda Center this week sort of is rubbing salt into a still every raw wound............I would have preferred even a (Jonathan) QUICK exit to the playoffs than no play offs at all (thanks to losses to folks like Edmonton and a 3-15 OT record).

9 to 2 game -- wonder if KC will bring on a new pitcher for the 9th -- how about a guy who missed all of the last (two?) seasons and who made their 25 man roster -- Ryan Madson.

Can't you just see Madsen getting the final out of a 3 game KC sweep........OUCH.

also -- another OUCH -- not that I am anti-Ducks but all the talk by Victor and Gubi about the Ducks Stanley Cup playoff cup chase starting at the Honda Center this week sort of is rubbing salt into a still every raw wound............I would have preferred even a (Jonathan) QUICK exit to the playoffs than no play offs at all (thanks to losses to folks like Edmonton and a 3-15 OT record).

Sorry about the Kings. Would have liked them to at least make the playoffs.

mancini79 -- thanks.......Kings did it to themselves and that's what hurts most of all.  When you either force or are forced into more OT games than any other team in the league and then go 3-15 in shoot outs.....it's no wonder they're taking a seat on the couch for the Stanley Cup playoffs........

five years ago if some one would have bet you that in 2015 the only post-season games being played at Staples were the LA Clippers playoff games.........well, I think every one of us would have taken that wager..........

mancini79 -- thanks.......Kings did it to themselves and that's what hurts most of all. When you either force or are forced into more OT games than any other team in the league and then go 3-15 in shoot outs.....it's no wonder they're taking a seat on the couch for the Stanley Cup playoffs........

five years ago if some one would have bet you that in 2015 the only post-season games being played at Staples were the LA Clippers playoff games.........well, I think every one of us would have taken that wager..........

That story today about them locking Suter out of the locker room is wild.

There's not a team I dislike more than the Royals. **** them

Really? Why? Because they are good and get the most out of their talent? I hate the Red Sox and Dodgers MUCH more than a team like KC. So they beat us, it happens, I don't really dislike the team at all. When you suck that long you should have a bunch of good young talent. Most of their team is home grown players that have all come up and played like a team. I don't want to go up and down their roster to figure out how many of their starters are home grown, but my guess would be at least 6 of the 9 position players, if you don't count Escobar at short. I respect the team, although the pitcher today was a punk. I was at the game so I didn't really get to see what happened like if I were watching it on TV.