• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No Masterpiece, Shoemaker Done

Revad

Only thing I will say is that yes his velocity was also down quite a bit, similar to Weav. It's just one start for both so I won't get too worked up just yet

Still though....

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=533167&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=04/09/2015&s_type=2

Shoe's average velocity on all of his pitches last night were the lowest of his career so far

Lowest of his single season career?

Only thing I will say is that yes his velocity was also down quite a bit, similar to Weav. It's just one start for both so I won't get too worked up just yet

Still though....

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=533167&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=04/09/2015&s_type=2

Shoe's average velocity on all of his pitches last night were the lowest of his career so far

Still though....

Isn't it true that they were having trouble accurately tracking pitches in seattle this week?

That being said, there were a number of rockets hit off Shoemaker last night. I am not worried by one start, but I don't think he was really fooling anyone last night.

Lowest of his single season career?

At his age, his velocity should be pretty stable. Wasn't saying to read too much into just one start but it's something to track because dude was a few MPH off on all of his stuff last night compared to last season.

The bright side is that he seemed to start out last year(March of 2014) by throwing around the same velocity as what we saw last night...only to then ramp things up as each month went on. Hopefully that's what happens

Dude threw late into the off season playing on the Japan All-Star team "Mid November". So, he may be going threw a little dead arm period "later than most".

Now, if we're still talking about these kind of outings come June then I will worry....

Agreed. Weav's huge drop-off and 83 MPH heat has me more worried than Shoemaker right now

Sometimes, I feel like Terry Smith....Bill from Glendora is that you?

No Sir, Garret Anderson no longer plays for the Angels....

Terry Smith doesn't get enough credit for the good work that he does. When the angels bullpen was like arsonists from 2010-2013 he had to put up with some irate fans yet keep a positive spin on everything.

I expect some regression just because major league teams are great at adjusting to pitchers. The other AL teams have much better scouting reports than last year. As for velocity, I'd wait for a few starts before getting worried