• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs A's (4/11) Trout Batting 2nd

nate

I can say I am truly embarrassed to be an Angels fan right now. This is by far the worst I have ever seen them.

I've followed the team seriously since '99. I pessimistically claimed this team was similar to the 2000 team. I now believe that claim was overly optimistic and seriously believe this may be the worst Angels team I've ever followed :(

I'm ashamed to wear any Angels gear at this point, I get consistently rope a doped by the flashy signings and spend a healthy chunk on new crap. I have never been more demoralized to be a fan of this team or any professional team I pull for (and I've had many rough years with the 9ers, Islanders and Knicks)

And now we can watch the offense, which was supposed to keep us in games like this, roll over and do absolutely nothing.  As annoying as it is predictable. 

The Los Angeles Tin Men of Anaheim.  No heart.

This team winning a lot of games was contingent upon the offense performing as expected and the bullpen being good.  They might start to hit the ball, but the pen is awful.  Again.  Unless there is some sort of drastic turn around by the pen, I just don't see them putting together significant periods of winning.  They don't have the starting pitching to make up for it. 

How many if these veteran players can we trade away for young quality prospects? Time to finally start to rebuild? Obviously "reloading" isn't working

Only guys I could even see possibly being traded if they fall far enough back would be the guys who are pending FAs. And it's not like you're getting a huge haul for those guys.

The big contracts aren't going anywhere, and I can't see the team giving in and rebuilding, when that would be wasting a few of the good years of those big contracts. As well as Trout.

And eat 90% of their salaries? Not happening, this is our new, sad reality

Pujols and Hamilton are untradable.  Kendrick and Aybar, however...they're about the only legit trading pieces on this team.  Well, if Bourjos keeps playing well he might be.

This team winning a lot of games was contingent upon the offense performing as expected and the bullpen being good.  They might start to hit the ball, but the pen is awful.  Again.  Unless there is some sort of drastic turn around by the pen, I just don't see them putting together significant periods of winning.  They don't have the starting pitching to make up for it. 

I don't know, I could see the offense clicking enough and the pitching not sucking too much for them to rack up some wins in the less tough parts of the schedule.

It's hard to stay optimistic about this team actually doing anything longer than that, though.