• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Travis Rodgers moving from AM830

yk9001

Travis Rodgers is not a Jim Rome clone, guys. Quite the opposite. There's a reason he reminds people of Rome and that is because Rome patterned his style and presentation after Rodgers. Everything that came out of Rome's mouth was put there by Rodgers. I can only imagine how much it must bother him to have people believe the opposite.

Anyway, this sucks. I listen to Travis every morning. His show is great.

Sad to see that we won't be getting more Angels talk in the morning now with it being handed over to Mike and Mike.  The Roger Lodge "break-ins" seem odd to me.

Will there still be the Sports Lodge in the afternoons or is that getting axed too?

Also, I always had trouble with Travis' "Um, Okay" after each time he tried to make his point--that was annoying.  Reminded me of a South Park character....

Travis Rodgers is not a Jim Rome clone, guys. Quite the opposite. There's a reason he reminds people of Rome and that is because Rome patterned his style and presentation after Rodgers. Everything that came out of Rome's mouth was put there by Rodgers. I can only imagine how much it must bother him to have people believe the opposite.

Anyway, this sucks. I listen to Travis every morning. His show is great.

Jim Rome was like that long before Travis Rodgers. If you want to say Rodgers was the reason for a lot of Jim Romes popularity you can make an argument for that, but Jim Rome has always been like the Jim Rome you hear today.

The producer isn't on the air; he's in his ear. And the show is carefully planned beforehand.

Look, I'm not saying Jim Rome doesn't have talent or bring his own personality to the job; I'm just saying that I know first hand from a person who was integrally involved with the show they did together that Travis was the driving force behind it and that the "takes" were far more often than not Travis', not Rome's. 

The producer isn't on the air; he's in his ear. And the show is carefully planned beforehand.

Look, I'm not saying Jim Rome doesn't have talent or bring his own personality to the job; I'm just saying that I know first hand from a person who was integrally involved with the show they did together that Travis was the driving force behind it and that the "takes" were far more often than not Travis', not Rome's. 

The Jim Rome Show is almost always hiring writers. I've seen their ads on Craigslist.