• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Travis Rodgers moving from AM830

yk9001

thenj i guess Rodgers telepathically guided Rome during his days in SD, where he became so successful that he quickly made his way to LA.

There is a huge difference between a guy from So Cal being succesful in So Cal, to a guy doing a national radio show. Jim was revolutionary and I remember him from the beginning. I was one of those guys that would find him on the air at 690, sometimes at 7pm, sometimes in the morning and call into his show. I would go to his local live shows in the early days. I just outgrew his negative take on things and how every athlete turned into a punchline on his show. They both interview very well, but I know that Travis was heavily involved in not only getting the guests but in formatting the interviews. Now Rome was still the guy that would be able to ad lib if the guest answered a question a little differently, but then Rome would get back on point with the following question.

That's my biggest fear about Travis leaving 830. On any other L.A. station, he's just going to wind up talking Lakers 90 percent of the time like every other L.A. sports talk host.

I don't listen to that much local sports talk radio... but my general impression is that the Lakers have fallen off the map, sports talk-wise.  Even 710 has slowed down considerably (and understandably).

What I also perceive is that the NFL has become an amazing, 12 month talk show product.  It dwarfs everything, whether you like it or not.

Jim Rome was like that long before Travis Rodgers. If you want to say Rodgers was the reason for a lot of Jim Romes popularity you can make an argument for that, but Jim Rome has always been like the Jim Rome you hear today.

The Jim Rome you hear today is the extremely watered down and butt kissing version of what he used to be. I can't stand listening to new jim Rome, he lost all of his charisma and the things that used to make his show great