• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Star Wars Episode 7 teaser trailer

Andy Serkis provided the voice-over. 

As far as the new lightsaber design goes, everyone is assuming that those side blades aren't sheathed by the guard. That piece of metal (or whatever material it is) is likely there to protect the user's hand during thrusting actions. 

Edited by sneaky_flute

You are wrong.

he wasn't intimidating, I actually laughed the first time I saw what he looked like. He had zero back story and depth, his weapon sucked, he died way too easily and in a stupid predictable way, he had zero charisma and wasn't a boss like Vader. He was just some sith gopher that no one took seriously.

dude sucked taint

he wasn't intimidating, I actually laughed the first time I saw what he looked like. He had zero back story and depth, his weapon sucked, he died way too easily and in a stupid predictable way, he had zero charisma and wasn't a boss like Vader. He was just some sith gopher that no one took seriously.

dude sucked taint

Most of this is due to Lucas' shit writing.

From what I've seen, a lot of people feel he was the best part of the prequels and found it stupid that he died so early on. The next two movies could have been used to develop his backstory and character to make him more of a threatening villain, before being killed by Anakin.

He was brought back in the Clone Wars cartoon because the fans really wanted to see more of him. Not saying that was a good idea, but he definitely had a following.

I don't know much about the cartoon version of Darth Maul, but the movie version was marketed as this formidable, iconic villain. He was introduced while chilling on a scooter in the background and appeared in the movie for five minutes, tops. He was a complete waste of a character. 

Again, that's not the character himself. That's the poor writing.

You are wrong.

Strictly speaking in regards to the movies, I thought Darth Maul was a waste of opportunity. He had a good look, but that was about it. Can't remember anything he said or did that was memorable, and he was only on screen for about 15 minutes of the entire movie, which a lot of it was fighting obi wan and beard jedi. 

I haven't read or seen his other appearances in the Star Wars universe, but Episode I was a total waste at developing his character into something memorable.

Edited by Richard

There were good characters in the prequels. I think people are allowing the movies to overshadow some of the good things. Lucas may have been a bad film maker, but when it comes to creating cool characters, he still do that. I thought characters like Qui-Gon (Liam Neeson), Mace Windu (Samuel L Jackson), and General Grevous were cool. Unfortunately you have to go to the expanded universe to see their potential. I liked Jango Fett for what he was.

The casting in the prequels was terrible for the most part. The dude who played adult Anakin was a horrible actor, Natalie Portman was wasted much of the time, and I feel like Samuel l Jackson was thrown in because he was a popular pick at the time. Can anyone really imagine that dude being a Jedi?

the plot and characters were sacrificed for huge lord of the rings battle scenes and cartoonish universe imagination. Lucas essentially sold out to the teeny bopper crowd

The casting in the prequels was terrible for the most part. The dude who played adult Anakin was a horrible actor, Natalie Portman was wasted much of the time, and I feel like Samuel l Jackson was thrown in because he was a popular pick at the time. Can anyone really imagine that dude being a Jedi?

the plot and characters were sacrificed for huge lord of the rings battle scenes and cartoonish universe imagination. Lucas essentially sold out to the teeny bopper crowd

I read where Jackson asked to be in the movies because he was a big fan.  Still sucked.

I may be the only one here, but I liked the prequels better than the originals.

As for Jar Jar and the gungans...i didn't mind them. The ewoks were FAR worse, btw!

You may be the only one in the world that liked the prequels.  

I didn't like the ewoks either but they were 100 times better than Jar Jar Douche.

The Prequels were good, except for Jar Jar, midiclorians, young Anakin Skywalker, whiney old Anakin Skywalker, the whole birth thing, among other things.

Although, I thought that Ewen McGregor nailed the Obi Wan roll.  

Come to think of it, I don't think they even needed episode 2.  I'm trying to think what it was about, and just drawing a blank.  They should have just started the rise of the empire in Episode 2, and gone really dark in Episode 3.  

I'm willing to bet that most of the current detractors actually liked the prequels when they came out, especially those who were fairly young at the time. I don't remember any widespread lambasting of the films on internet forums. I had a few buddies who were serious Star Wars fans and they loved the prequels. Everyone in my EverQuest guild spoke favorably of them. 

I never liked them because it seemed like Lucas had thrown in everything but the kitchen sink with no real focus. The dialogue was maudlin and cheesy with Hayden Christensen delivering some of the worst performances of all time.

The Prequels were good, except for Jar Jar, midiclorians, young Anakin Skywalker, whiney old Anakin Skywalker, the whole birth thing, among other things.

Although, I thought that Ewen McGregor nailed the Obi Wan roll.  

Come to think of it, I don't think they even needed episode 2.  I'm trying to think what it was about, and just drawing a blank.  They should have just started the rise of the empire in Episode 2, and gone really dark in Episode 3.  

Funny you mention Episode 2 because of the three prequels, Episode 2 was probably my favorite one.

I'm willing to bet that most of the current detractors actually liked the prequels when they came out, especially those who were fairly young at the time. I don't remember any widespread lambasting of the films on internet forums. I had a few buddies who were serious Star Wars fans and they loved the prequels. Everyone in my EverQuest guild spoke favorably of them. 

I never liked them because it seemed like Lucas had thrown in everything but the kitchen sink with no real focus. The dialogue was maudlin and cheesy with Hayden Christensen delivering some of the worst performances of all time.

The first film of the prequel is the only one I saw in the theater.  That is how bad I thought it was.  

Out of all the films I still think the Empire Strikes Back is the best.