• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Star Wars Episode 7 teaser trailer

The movies industry has gone full retard, promoting while still in early production and creating trailers from trash for a film that is still over a year from release. They are defeating the process of getting people excited about the film in an instant gratification society. When we are here next year the trailer would seem relevant but right now that wasn't worth watching.

You don't show nothing for a huge film like this and then suddenly show a trailer for it 2 weeks before it comes out. That's just poor marketing. You build up hype by teasing people early on, then start releasing full blown trailers a few months before it comes out.

More people will be exposed to it and more people will pay to see it. A teaser just gives people a small taste of what's to come so they want more. The "appetizer" metaphor works somewhat in that regard, but a visual appetizer sits on people's minds for months, whereas a food appetizer sits there for mere minutes.

They'll probably release another teaser in a few months to "whet peoples appetites" again. Then they'll start releasing full on trailers in the summer.

Big movie hype always starts at least a year in advance. Same with most forms of media.

You don't show nothing for a huge film like this and then suddenly show a trailer for it 2 weeks before it comes out. That's just poor marketing. You build up hype by teasing people early on, then start releasing full blown trailers a few months before it comes out.

More people will be exposed to it and more people will pay to see it. A teaser just gives people a small taste of what's to come so they want more. The "appetizer" metaphor works somewhat in that regard, but a visual appetizer sits on people's minds for months, whereas a food appetizer sits there for mere minutes.

They'll probably release another teaser in a few months to "whet peoples appetites" again. Then they'll start releasing full on trailers in the summer.

Big movie hype always starts at least a year in advance. Same with most forms of media.

If the Star Wars franchise had not raked in more money than the GNP of half of Europe then I would say you need to build some interest. But it is like they are hyping an Apple product as if no one has never heard of an iPhone. They could announce Star Wars opens tomorrow and there would be lines today.

Nice usage of the word whet, most people would use the word wet and be wrong. 

I would have used the term wet, thus being wrong. I can't wait to take my son to see this movie, my only issue with the trailer is it showed no one from the cast we would know. The "star" of that trailer was the Falcon.

Got to admit though.  That Falcon scene was pretty kick ass.

I would have used the term wet, thus being wrong. I can't wait to take my son to see this movie, my only issue with the trailer is it showed no one from the cast we would know. The "star" of that trailer was the Falcon.

Why is that an issue? If they showed an actor you have seen before dressed up it would have made the trailer batter?

If the Star Wars franchise had not raked in more money than the GNP of half of Europe then I would say you need to build some interest. But it is like they are hyping an Apple product as if no one has never heard of an iPhone. They could announce Star Wars opens tomorrow and there would be lines today.

Nice usage of the word whet, most people would use the word wet and be wrong.

People are incredibly skeptical about a new Star Wars movie after the hilarity that was the prequels. It will sell a lot of tickets just on the name alone, but the goal is to sell as much as possible. The earlier you start spreading the word, the more people get exposed to it.

People are incredibly skeptical about a new Star Wars movie after the hilarity that was the prequels. It will sell a lot of tickets just on the name alone, but the goal is to sell as much as possible. The earlier you start spreading the word, the more people get exposed to it.

They made a shit ton of money off the prequels, over $2,5 billion. The Revenge of the Sith made back almost all of it's production costs ($115 million estimated) in the first week and over a billion worldwide. Which actually makes it a wash compared to the original A New Hope that cost a paltry $11 million to produce and netted $798 million in Worldwide box office back in 1977 and that doesn't include home video or cable sales.