• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Highest gas taxes in the nation so our roads can be kept in better condition. Are the roads any better where you drive? They’re certainly not where I live.

Nope. Pretty bad where I live also. 

If the potholes don't get you. The homeless randomly walking on the streets will. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

California has the highest gas taxes in the country and that is a fact 

It's true. Both the California government and gas companies are to blame. Why else would gas be $6 right by the Nevada border? I don't think the taxes are higher in Needles.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Yeah but you get free colonoscopys, so there's that to consider. 

We only pay £9.35 for any drugs the Doc prescribes too. Doesn't matter what it is, codeine, anti-biotics, steroids, tranquillisers, asthma treatments etc etc etc - all the same £9.35 each time you get a fresh bottle/tube/dose etc. Last time I broke a bone I went to the emergency room, had an X-ray within an hour, a cast maybe an hour after that, and walked out with a bottle full of really strong painkillers and an appointment for after-care as an out-patient half an hour after that. Didn't cost me a penny. So there's that to balance against the expensive beer (£3.50 per pint / £6 in London) and fuel. We also pay 12% on any earnings between £10k and £50k (2% above that) for National Insurance which is supposed to pay for the NHS and the state pension, but if you earn below £10k you don't pay anything and still get everything health related free or heavily subsidised. It could be better, but it kinda works.

EDIT: the 12% is just on earnings (wages). Not capital gains or asset sales or appreciation. The rich don't pay it and tend to go private for healthcare.