• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Big Papi

Troll Daddy

The butthurt around this place with regards to non-Angels players knows no bounds.

Here's a stat: Among players age 35 and old, Ortiz has the 5th highest career wRC+ (151) after Bonds (203), Ted Williams (187), Ruth (186), and McGwire (157), and just ahead of Hank Greenberg (150). Not bad company (yeah, yeah - Bonds and McGwire roided).

I think it unlikely that Ortiz is roiding - he was caught a few years ago, so chances are he's on the straight and narrow. I mean it could be that he's just a great hitter.

The butthurt around this place with regards to non-Angels players knows no bounds.

Here's a stat: Among players age 35 and old, Ortiz has the 5th highest career wRC+ (151) after Bonds (203), Ted Williams (187), Ruth (186), and McGwire (157), and just ahead of Hank Greenberg (150). Not bad company (yeah, yeah - Bonds and McGwire roided).

I think it unlikely that Ortiz is roiding - he was caught a few years ago, so chances are he's on the straight and narrow. I mean it could be that he's just a great hitter.

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?playerid=745&position=DH&page=0&type=full

what's wrong with this picture?

Does that mean he's doing steroids? Not necessarily. Some players are able to maintain a high level of play into their late 30s - see Ted Williams and Hank Aaron, for instance.

Am I saying that Ortiz is not doing steroids? Not necessarily - I have no idea, really. But I just don't think it is automatically true, just because some here don't like him because of past butthurt.

Ortiz was toast 3-4 years ago. And he suddenly found the fountain of youth? No he found something that can't be detected. If it were legal he would be talking about it. Remember he couldn't hit much at all when he was with Seattle and Minnesota. But he hooks up with Manny and Segui and all of a sudden he finds his swing? I am fairly sure that if a member of the Yankees Board had conducted the investigation, (Mitchell Report), instead of Redfux board, Ortiz, manny and others would have been all over that report. Instead there was one insignia ant redfux player who's name I can't recall. Mitchell was extremely partisan as a senator and even worse as an invested member of the redfux board. And remember all of the PED stuff with Manny was made public after he left Boston. The truth about Ortiz will come out eventually.

Paxton Crawford was only redfux player connected to Mitchell report as a member of the team. Way to blow the lid off your own team there Mitchell.

Jeebus!  The name 'Paxton Crawford' is the perfect name for a patsy.  Like, Revenge of the Nerds/Real Genius brilliant.  

Are we even sure that the Red Sux didn't just give some dude a moniker and set him up for a cuppa coffee in the majors to take the fall.  "We have investigated this matter thoroughly.  And we have concluded that Paxton Crawford has shamed this Red Sux organization."

Jeebus! The name 'Paxton Crawford' is the perfect name for a patsy. Like, Revenge of the Nerds/Real Genius brilliant.

Are we even sure that the Red Sux didn't just give some dude a moniker and set him up for a cuppa coffee in the majors to take the fall. "We have investigated this matter thoroughly. And we have concluded that Paxton Crawford has shamed this Red Sux organization."

2 things.

First, youre correct, that is an awesome name for a bad guy. Second, kudos for giving real genius the credit it deserves.

The Resume: Played a central role in three World Series titles

David Ortiz is unreal in October.

During the Boston Red Sox's run to the World Series title in 2013, the DH clubbed five home runs and hit .353. Ortiz put up video-game numbers during the Fall Classic. He batted .685 with a .760 OBP and a 1.168 SLG percentage, which was good for a 1.928 OPS. Those numbers won Ortiz the MVP Award, but that wasn't the first time he'd been locked in when it mattered the most.

Ortiz also won rings with the Red Sox in 2004 and 2007, and owns a .455 average in 14 World Series games.

CBS Sports.com

In 2013?

Doesn't that indict Major League Baseball and it's testing program? I thought these guys were tested regularly? It is an indictment of MLB and the testing. Why Ortiz gets a pass and ARod doesn't is beyond me. Just think back in recent memory and I am sure if you have watched any Redfux games you have seen Ortiz get irate when he doesn't like a ball/strike call. He destroys property in a visiting ball park and there is never any penalty. I recall him getting run from a game when he was barking at the HP umpire but it was in the ninth inning of a game that tux were losing badly. He simply is not held to the same standard as everyone else. The rage he shows at times is not normal. The truth will come out when he can no longer be of service to the redfux. Just like Manny.

Ive always wondered if any of these guys are able to loophole it by claiming low T and getting ober the counter test. It isnt the same as anabolocs, but it would still have some benefits

Half that WS Ranger team seemed to have a medical waivers for using Adderall or testosterone.

Well I really don't understand all of the science behind HGH but that kinda implies that any player in MLB could be using HGH from time to time including some of our players.

Probably, any player that wanted to cheat, including our own players, could probably get away with it. Didn't I hear they were going to start using blood for drug testing in baseball? Or was that football?

Probably, any player that wanted to cheat, including our own players, could probably get away with it. Didn't I hear they were going to start using blood for drug testing in baseball? Or was that football?

Football so far. I hear a lot talk about professional athletes going to Germany for some type of plasma procedure for treating injurys. Colon and Tanaka did something similar.

Football so far. I hear a lot talk about professional athletes going to Germany for some type of plasma procedure for treating injurys. Colon and Tanaka did something similar.

I have heard of that too and I'm ok with that. I am sure someone can explain it better, but they take plasma, spin it, then put it back into your injured part of your body. Supposed to help with the healing. Kobe and I think A-Rod did it as well. I think that's different than openly cheating.

I look forward to the day that one of the sacred Angels is found to have used steroids so all this one-directional judgement will be forced to turn around. As it is I don't hear a lot of finger-pointing at known steroid user and 2002 hero Troy Glaus. And what if Spiezio is found to have used in 2002? Or even Garret Anderson or Tim Salmon? Will people be as judgemental?

I think the judgement partially comes from the (false, imo) assumption that steroid use involved only a few bad apples, and that most players (and of course all Angels) were clean. It seems clear that a large percentage of players used at some point, and probably many Angels.

Anyhow, even if Ortiz did and still does use steroids, his post-season performance is nothing short of remarkable.

By the way, I'm not saying that using steroids is OK, but it seems silly and narrow-thinking to focus on a few well-known cases when it is a wider problem.

Yes AJ but I don't hate the Angels. Lol. Of course there are some beloved Angels that used. Glaus nd I think fullmer from the 02 team were linked. Damn I think it was fullmer, anyway one of our most beloved players was guilty. Wally Joyner used. I am pretty sure it was after he left the team but he did admit it. Plus none of our players are coddle and fawned over by MLB and the media like Ortiz is. He is a fraud a cheat and gets a pass because having a former senate whip on your board gives you the appearance of legitimacy.