• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Off season targets

Troll Daddy

Signing Lester Shields or Scherzer will haunt us much like the Yankees are haunted by the Sabathia deal.

You def. would not see a top-flight org like the Giants or Cardinals go and sign one of those guys. 

The yankees won the world series when they signed sabathia...no haunt

Scherzer's agent is Boras so we'll have moved on before he's even an issue for us.  

I think Lester is going to sign with Boston pretty much no matter what, but I'd love to get the guy.  He'd me my target if we have a shot at him and the money to get him.  Probably gonna take at least 5 yrs and 125m.  

Actually don't mind the Miller idea for the pen.  I loves me some lock down pen action.  

We already have an above average hitting catcher who isn't very good behind the plate, not sure why we'd go get another one.

Give me a third or fourth starter and a cheap bat DH bat and I'd be happy enough. A backup catcher who actually has some defensive talent and another bullpen arm would also be useful.

Scherzer's agent is Boras so we'll have moved on before he's even an issue for us.  

I think Lester is going to sign with Boston pretty much no matter what, but I'd love to get the guy.  He'd me my target if we have a shot at him and the money to get him.  Probably gonna take at least 5 yrs and 125m.  

Actually don't mind the Miller idea for the pen.  I loves me some lock down pen action.  

Agreed. Continue to shorten the games by making that bullpen about as unhittable a can be. Not only does it give them a lefty in their pen, but a dominant one who can easily get RHB out

Miller + one of the lower tier starters like McCarthy or Peavy/Vogelsong and I'll be happy with that offseason

Agreed. Continue to shorten the games by making that bullpen about as unhittable a can be. Not only does it give them a lefty in their pen, but a dominant one who can easily get RHB out

Miller + one of the lower tier starters like McCarthy or Peavy/Vogelsong and I'll be happy with that offseason

Be nice if we could ever develop our own Miller.

It's only been 12 years since a prospect became a success in the pen here. Jepsen is not a success story, not when it took until age 30 to do it.

Please no catchers...As I've said elsewhere, Martin is going to get a contract that he can't possibly live up to.  As for Gattis, his WAR this year was the same as Iannetta's.  We got about 3.0 WAR from our catchers this year.  It's not a position that is crying out for an upgrade.

martin's going to want way too much money for a guy with his age and injury history...

please, please no more old guys