• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WFAN rumor: Mets interested in Hamilton

NJHalo

Santa.

Fell for it again. Tortoise and the hare, my friend. Tortoise and the hare.

I did. I did fall for it. Why would I not think through the entire picture and instead act on impulse? In retrospect I should have considered that Santa does in fact circle the world in a single night delivering toys. I believe I've learned a valuable lesson here. Thank you.

The Yankees are piss poor at due diligence as well. Tex has been awful for them. Hell CC was there own and he's been shit in his new extension. In a year or two we will talk about how bad Verlander and Miggy's contracts are. This shit happens everywhere.

Texas has Choo and Fielder.

lol @ their due diligence.

Oh, and let's not forget Andrus

I did. I did fall for it. Why would I not think through the entire picture and instead act on impulse? In retrospect I should have considered that Santa does in fact circle the world in a single night delivering toys. I believe I've learned a valuable lesson here. Thank you.

you're welcome,  grasshopper 

The Yankees are piss poor at due diligence as well. Tex has been awful for them. Hell CC was there own and he's been shit in his new extension. In a year or two we will talk about how bad Verlander and Miggy's contracts are. This shit happens everywhere.

Yes the Steinbrenners overpaid for Tex and CC but they did deliver a championship which is something Pujols and Hamilton have failed to do for Arte. That makes a huge difference.

Of course he's disappointed. We all are to some degree. But the cheap shots you take are just old and tiresome. I'm sure the reason that Albert isn't going to Japan is about money, give me a break.

No Strad, when Albert left the Cardinals it was about money. I really don't care if Albert plays in the Japanese All Star Series. He hasn't played in an All Star Game since 2010.

It was about money, respect and partnership. My guess is all three equally. Of course money was a big part of it.

The respect is interchangeable with money.  Whomever offered one sheckel more was giving the most respect.

What was the partnership part?  I don't recall that.

The respect is interchangeable with money. Whomever offered one sheckel more was giving the most respect.

What was the partnership part? I don't recall that.

The Marlins offered more than we did so no that isn't true. The partnership was between him and Arte, hence the ten year personal services contract.

I think the talk about Verlander has already begun.

I stand corrected (unfortunately).  If I was right, he'd be the Marlins' headache, not ours.

In the case of the Marllins contract vs ours, "respect" came down to the fact that we offered Pujols a no trade clause whereas the Marlins have a policy of never offering a no trade clause so they can easily blow up their team if needed. Pujols could very well be the problem of the Blue Jays or the M's (with the Marlins still paying a large fraction of the problem) right now had he gone for most dollars alone. 

In the case of the Marllins contract vs ours, "respect" came down to the fact that we offered Pujols a no trade clause whereas the Marlins have a policy of never offering a no trade clause so they can easily blow up their team if needed. Pujols could very well be the problem of the Blue Jays or the M's (with the Marlins still paying a large fraction of the problem) right now had he gone for most dollars alone. 

Ahhh, thank you.

Which they did that summer.

And the Skanks are feeling the after effects as they settle into being a decent team at best.

And the Rangers, although expected to rebound in 2015, are also feeling the after effects of the Choo and Fielder contracts.   At least Andrus is one of their own and is just in his 20s, but even that is a crazy contract for his mediocre OPS. 

And the Tigers are starting down the path towards being just decent, especially if Scherzer leaves.

Look at the teams that have played in the WS since 2010.   How many have had huge payrolls?   Not many, and even the 2013 Red Sux jettisoned a lot of money before becoming the 2013 WS champs.

These contracts for age 30+ players are getting out of hand.  Arte needs to exercise restraint before trying to sign Lester, Scherzer, or Shields.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

I think Bobby Bonilla has a not trade clause on his contract, which runs thru 2035.

So we may have to wait a bit.

His contract with the Orioles ends in 2015, so at least we only have one team to deal with.

I don't know who his agent is, but he is da man

The hilarious thing is the Mets thought they were pulling a fast one.  think they paid Bonilla the equivalent of 7% for over 30 years (a fair bit better than mutual fund rates in that span) and figured they'd make money because because they were getting 10% annually from Madoff.